Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

Yo JC (and other gun nuts)

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  JCinPA 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
Yeah, nice. I attribute this to the Trump win -- manufacturing capacity for all things gun-related ramped up during both of Obama's terms as demand went through the roof, increasing yet again when it looked like Hillary was going to be packing the SCOTUS.

Now, we have demand slacking a bit due to abating fears about the 2A, but the manufacturing capacity remains. Terrific news for shooting enthusiasts everywhere.

DISCLAIMER

This is not MEANT to be a political post, it is pure economic analysis. You can be for or against Obama or Hillary, for or against the 2A, but there is no doubt demand for all things firearms related is heavily influenced by political expectations, and you can trace the good supply/low prices of ammo, premium AR-15s, etcetera to these election cycles.

There are simply no bigger economic drivers of both demand and supply capacity in the firearms and ammunition industries than politics.

#6 ·
I think all of it will. I noticed 9mm and .45 is again plentiful and prices have dropped. Not sure how much further it will go, but supply has definitely increased, and the demand curve is/has probably shifted significantly in our favor.

I'm willing to bet it continues for a while. Although the terrorist news may prop up demand a little bit, I think most of the buying binge is behind us.

#10 ·
Main concerns are price hikes, and more hoops to jump through, and (possibly) limits on quantity and/or shortages. Most should still be able to get some of what they want, although not FROM WHOM they want, and certainly with delays and at a premium.
Under the existing rules, anyone age 18 or older (21 or older for handguns) can buy ammunition without a background check, and sellers need no special training or license. The new laws mandate that by Jan. 1, 2018, all ammunition in California must be purchased in person through a vendor licensed by the Department of Justice. Starting that date, online orders of ammunition also must be processed through one of these vendors. With limited exceptions, people will be barred from giving away ammunition without going through a vendor, and people won’t be able to legally import ammunition purchased out of state, unless it’s shipped to a licensed California dealer. Violators can face misdemeanor charges.
Starting July 2019, another layer of oversight kicks in: Anyone buying ammunition from a vendor will be required to undergo background screening via a state system.
Super lame.:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.