Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PMC General Counsel
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a 3 day trip out to vegas to try out WSOP action. Stayed at the Rio and had a great time. I tried one $175 one-table satellite to try and get into event #2, the $1500 NL HE event, but only made it to fourth. With a limited bankroll of about $1200, i decided to pursue the cash side games rather than try a bunch of sit-n-gos.
Tried the new MGM poker room. Very nice, but also loud. I didn't fare all that well at the 6/12 limit and 1/2 NL tables. Down about $200.
Tried some 4/8 at the palms, but had really cold cards.

Best action was at the new WYNN. Really nice room. Probably my fav in Vegas. On Saturday afternoon, i sat down at a 1/2 NL. Cards were VERY cold for about 4-5 hours. The table was ultra-tight. But then a bunch of people left and were replaced with some action players. Typical raise preflop went from $5 to $25 in a matter of minutes. The dealers were even making comments about how juicy it was.

One notable hand: drunk kid with big $700 stack was sitting at other end of table. I'm UTG with KK, so i raise to $20. Folded around to the chump with big stack who makes it $40. Back to me, so i go all in for about $160. Dumbass immediately calls. I figure QQ or AK. Nope, dumbass turns over J/2 offsuit. Are you f'ing kidding me? Sweet, KK hold up and I double up.
I start getting agressive for the next few hands, then:

I see AA under the gun. I limp for $2. Player two to my right raises to $20. Folded around to the button, who makes it $50. I declare "you bitches are probably bluffing, make it $200!" Guy to my left struggles and then finally calls with AK suited. Other german dude on button then says "well now i gotta call!" Flop comes KJ3. I go all in for my other $140. AK guy calls, other dude folds, so i never saw his hand. AA holds up and i drag a $900 pot (might be my biggest one ever).

I got home last night and already wanna go back. Quads? SJ? Down for a trip while the WSOP is still there?

Other interesting note: While I was at the WYNN, Daniel Negraneau and Barry Greenstein were playing a $1,000,000 head up freezeout. This is one of Daniel's challenge matches, where he has offered to play ANYONE, ANYTIME, FOR $100,000 TO $500,000, AT ANY GAME.

Also saw most of the big name players at the WSOP at Rio. Helmuth, Devilfish, Scotty N., etc.
Talked to Paul Magriel briefly ("X-22", "quack quack"). God, he's even uglier in person than on TV!!!!!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I've been hankering to take a ride to Vegas - not sure why, it just seems like something I need to do. I'm not sure the WSOP is the time to do it, but WTF, let's do it.

I'd have to check with all the bosses, but I could probably swing doing something for a couple of nights that wraps around the weekend of the 18th.

I doubt I'd be into the WSOP events, but would be interested in checking out the low level NL games.

What did you have in mind? Do you have any connections for good room rates?

(Want to take your scooter for a road trip? :lol: )

·
Registered
732 Posts
He has been playing for a while. He was at a final table on the WPT in 2003 or 2004. I thought it was the Reno WPT at the Hilton but can't remember for sure. Guy is a freak!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Exactly. Jacked up face and personality to boot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts