Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you may know I just recently moved to Vegas to deal poker. Its hella boring right now for me because I don't have a job yet, which means no playing cards until I get some kind of cash flow going. Jobhunt starts tomorrow though so wish me luck :shock:

So I was bored as hell last night and decided to go check out the action going on at the rio. When I first got there I saw a some what big crowd around one table. I walked up there I found out that it was the final table for a $3000 NLHE event that started yestareday. I didn't recognize anyone at the table but it was very cool to watch. First place paid out an amazing $682,000. It was 5 handed and the table was playing VERY tight, I mean so tight that within 45 minutes I hadnt seen a single flop. Then all of a sudden theres a riase from the button, a re-raise from the big blind, an all-in from the button and a quick call from the big blind. The button flips over KK, the big blind flips over AA... crazy shit.

Well after that I walked all over the place and saw a ton of poker "stars." Heres a list of all the people I can remember off the top of my head:

Chris "jesus" Furgeson
Eric Seidel
Tod Brunson
Daniel Negranue
Cindy Violette
TJ Cloutie (sp?)

And some more people I recognized from last years event on espn but I can't remember their names. Anyways it was a shitload of fun and im probably going to be going back there every day until its over. I'll let you guys know what happens.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That sounds like a lot of fun Shiz. Good luck with the job search and let me know where you land. I'm planning on being up there the end of August or beginning of Sept. for my 30th birthday bash. It would be cool to get on a table that you're dealing at (pref. NL table).

Take care,

Worm

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE

Went by there again tonight. Earlier in the day they started a $1000 NLHE tourny w/ rebuys. Tons more poker stars.. heres the ones I can remember off the top of my head

Howard Leterer
Freddy Deebs
Vitty Vinh
Berry Greenstein

And that one actor I can't remember his name. I think his last name is woods. I also noticed a bunch of other people I recognized but im not sure of their names.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Woods. James Woods.

Good luck on the job search. I'm gonna be there next week. Let me know how to hook up with you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts