Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lucky enough to have had the oppurtunity to be involved in opening a new restaurant/nightclub/chinese takeout/kiosk in downtown sacramento. The entire complex is being named "wok in the park," Each aspect of it has its own name, the restaurant which i will be serving at is named Mason's, the nightclub is named the ultra lounge, the chinese is named ma jongs and the kiosk well it's the kiosk.

The complex has a great location at 15th and L right next to the Capital park. This place is going to be the premier place in sacramento. Our chef has been recruited from Rubuchon's in san francrisco, (A 5 star restaurant) and also had prior work in a restaurant in boston where he worked under a really famous french chef whos name i can not recall at the moment. The general Manager came from the Ritz Carlton in San francisco. The owners are the wong family who also own "the rage" and various hotels in sacramento.

The restaurant is going to feature items like "Warm Maine lobster and Chantrelles Mushroom Salad", "Dungeness Crabmeat Stuffed Rainbow Trout," "Mustard Braised Sonoma Rabbit," and the list goes on.

We will also be doing bottle service in the bar and ultra lounge like they do it in vegas. This is for the big spenders who want to have for instance an entire bottle of patron taken to there table( for a wopping $250) The cheapest one on the list i believe is a bottle of grey goose for $150.

We also have an extensive wine list which varies from as little as a $25 bottle to our most expensive bottle of Chateau Lafite-Rothschild Pauillac, Bordeaux, France 1982 for $2000.

We had our grand opening charity event last night with 1400 guests and the restaurant is going to open for dinners on monday and i believe we will be start doing lunches in october. So for anyone who wants to impress the misses this is gonna be the place to go in sac. If anyone wants anymore info let me know.

mike(pk)

·
Registered
732 Posts
REad about your place in the paper today. Seems like the hot spot. Especially like the drink in the lounge area while laying on day beds idea. Good luck, you should make some coin there......and then spend at a BYOC table of your choice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts