Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I headed across the street to the Wynn to play some cards. The walk from my room to the poker room was easily 15-20 minutes (which felt like an hour in the 111 degree heat). I found the poker room with out help and checked in with the brush. They were spreading 1/3, 2/5, 5/10, 10/25 and 25/50 NL games; 4/8, 8/16, 10/20, 25/50, 50/100, and 150/300 limit games. I got on the short 1/3 NL list and scouted one of the two 1/3 tables they had running. Luckily, I got seated at the table I had been scouting so I had a pretty good idea what everyone was up to.

All of the games I played in had similar consistency: 2-3 very strong players, 4-5 solid players and a couple of fish. THere were a couple of very effective LAGS that were real hard to put on hands. Luckily, I was able to stay out of major confrontations with them for the most part. On mY first hand I'm dealt KQo. I'm in late postion so Idecided to see how the table would react to a new player's raise. I raised to $15 and got 3 or 4o callers. THree undercards on the flop missed me and one of the players bet into me. I decided to back off and get away from my hand - I didn't want to loose my whole stack on a first hand bluff. After that it was all up hill for about 4 hours. Gettin' hands, makin' hands, draggin' pots. Hey, this is the way it's supposed to be, right? It's been a while since I just sat down, played and things went as expected, so I was really enjoying myself. No particluar hands stand out in this run, but I was running reasonably lucky for a change. AT one point, I was up about $300.

At around 6:00, an older Asian fish OAF sat down. After splashing around for a few orbits, he got his money in against a guy who had been playing him pretty bad. "Go ahead and call, it's time for dinner" as if he was trying to leave. THe guy finally does and OAF shows a set whcih takes the pot. "I never bluff!" And he didn't. OF course for the rest of the session he didn't need to. HE went on a major rush and started cracking guys left and right. He playing any 2 cards and they were hitting about every other flop. IF he missed he would usually call small bets or fold to big ones. HE only bet or raised when he had a good top pair or better so he was like a book. He was a calling station and wouldn't be run out of a pot if he has any dream. I didn't get into any major confrontations but he did manage to chip away at my stack $20-$40 at a time.

Between OAF and several loose calls and a series of hands that wouldn't hit, my stack was bleeding. I got down to about $140 to the good and gave a could chunk of my chips to a new fish (NF) that had sat down a few orbiuts before. AS usual with any new player that sits down, I put on my reading glasses and try to get a line on players. THis guy was borderline maniac and tried to bluff too much. He had shown down several very weak hands (In relation to his raising) so I figured I wouldn't have much respect for him if I got a into a hand with him. I was in the BB and looked down to see 77. NF was3 seats to my left and had raised to something like $9. I called and we were heads up. The flop came Qxx. I bet $18 into him and he raised about $50 which felt like too much. It felt like he was trying to get rid of me so I called. THe turn brought a T, I checked he overbet the pot. IT really felt liike he was trying to shove me out of "his" pot. I called. THe river brought a blank which paired the board. I checked, he bet his last $25 and I had to call. Turns out, he has a real hand this time and his TTTxx was plenty good. Ouch. LEave it Hagar to give chips to a fish.

IT was geting late (for me) and I was tired. I played a few more hands drug a few small pots and left the table $60 to the good. Adding in $15 for dinner and probably aboput $50 and tips, not an awful session. I was real happy with my play; with the exception of the bad read on NF, I didn't make any major mistakes. I had good reads on everybody and got pretty much top$ for my good hands.

$3 Chips
SOMetime in the last few days, they converted their 1/2 game into a 1/3 game and decided to implement $3 chips in the process. THis really inteerfered with the flow of the game and nobody, especially the dealers, liked them. IT was hard to discern big stack bet amounts and with as many as 5 colors of chips in play ($1, $2, $3, $5, $100) it made for lot's of confusion on almost every hand. I expect to see these chips on Ebay in the near future.

ANother thing that I didn't care for is there "unlimited buy-in" policy. I was expecting a $100 min/max buy-in but people were sitting down with $200-$500 worth of chips. I doubt any of you would be surprised to find that I don't care for that, but I was miles from another decent poker room so I just dealt with it.

Celebs
Negraneu was playing million dollar heads up match with some unknown (to me at least) on one of the tables. It was such a gawk fest that I really didn't get to see much action, but I could tell that Daniel did not want to be there. I don't know if he was lamenting ehatever happened to him at the WSOP or what, but you could just see in his eyes that he wanted to be any where else but there. He looked as if he didn't enjoy sitting in the fishbowl with all the gawkers and was very uncomortable. Too bad. When Wynn puts up your stakes, pays you an annaul salary and splits the profits from your play (as rumor has it anyway), you best get to work boy.

I also saw Sklansky bopping around at one point. I presume he was up in the back playing one of the high liimit games.

Next: Loverboy and the Cowboy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Very up and down session. Your read on NF was correct on the flop. He had no buisness reraising you with a Q on the board. I could MAYBE see a call if you were a looser play, but you're not. I would have gave you the pot.

I just read about Daniel's gig at the Wynn in "All-In" and "Card Player" magazines. According to them, it's his own bankroll he plays with, though I'm sure he gets paid for his time.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yeha, from what the dealers said when I was there last week, they pay him six figures to tote around the poker floor and attract attention... also he'll play "anyone, anytime" for $100k-$500k heads up... good way to throw your money away and say you played with the pros.

I made a killing play 8/16 at the Wynn most of the time I was there... lost a little at 15/30 at Bellagio. I like the Wynn, and had a blast there... Really dont understand the $3 chips at the new 1/3 NL though... they changed it the day after I was there (from 1/2 NL like Hagar said), and NO ONE liked it... not the dealers, players, or the cashiers... so, who made the change then??? $3 chips can be complicated... they use em at 9/18 at capitol. really no good way to stack the things that makes sense..

My Vegas report is coming when I get some free time... that place is loads of fun 24/7, with no lack of hotties running around!

-david

1 - 3 of 3 Posts