The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who in our group has taken 1st place in onr of our tourneys?
I'm pondering a higher buy in "Tournament of Champions" which would be the first place finishers in the last x amount of tourneys. Hopefully there are 10 or so. The names that come off my head are:

Quads (when I hosted)
Terminatrix (a tourney at Hagar's place)
Worm (at his place)
Kasper (at Kahuna's place?)
Hagar (at Kahuna's place)

Who else?

The two ideas I have are running a series event where the first place would be elligable in playing in the toureny of champs, with some $$ that rolled over from the prior events. OR running something now where we build the table based on prior wins. My thought would be that the ToC would not be a $25 buy in tourney, but more along the lines of $100 buy in, top 3 spots pay ($500/$300/$200).

·
Registered
732 Posts
How far back do you want to go? I have won a tourney at my place and at yours about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The one at my place was about 2 to 3 moths ago.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far back as we need to. I'm looking for 10 players for a ToC.
If now, then we start over and play 10 more, and the 1st place finisher of each one would play in the final, ToC.

You make 6.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I won 2: One at Worm's and One at Hagar's. I prefer $100 buy in since it's too late to start funding the ToC tourney from other feeder tourneys.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I took first in one, but it was awhile ago, say 5-6 months. Still sounds good to me, though, if you're looking to go back to fill some seats. let me know

-david "kid"

·
Registered
267 Posts
If it counts, I won a sit and go at Worms a month ago.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I think this is just an excuse by Quads to put together a higher limit buy-in tourney. OK, I will bite. Just name the time and the place and I am in town, I would be interested in playing.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not an "excuse" for a higher dollar game. If I wanted to host a higher dollar game then, wait a second.... I already hosted a higher dollar game.

I'm looking to hold a tourney with a table rounded out of people who have taken 1st place in BYOC Tourneys.

If you ahev taken first place in a BYOC Tourney, and you want to play a $100 buy in tourney, then pipe in on the aciton.

So to update this list, I looks like this (so far)
1. Quads
2. Terminatrix
3. Worm
4. Kasper
5. Hagar
6. Big Kahuna
7. Ace
8. David "The Kid"
9. Weezey
10. Dodger

Anyone else for a 10th seat?
Those of you that are on the list, are you also interested in the ToC?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'd play a $100 tourney.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Anyone else for a 10th seat?
It seems to me that Dino won one of the first big tourneys and I think he's expects to be back in town this month.

If I was to do something like this, I think I'd prefer to limit the "winners" to those who won the "real" tournies (2 or more tables), but I guess the critereia for this idea is "any tourney", including inpromptu SnGs.

If the 9-10 player tourney has a 3 place payout, I'd donate my $100 to the event.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts