Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last event, somebody asked for the rabbit to be shown. I was dealin' and I obliged.

I was then informed fairly strongly that rabbit hunting was not kosher.

Whats the big deal? I figured friendly game... as long as its not done EVERY hand, thereby delaying the game... what does a little rabbit hunt hurt?

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
My feeling on it is that it goes against the grain of poker. If everyone wanted to see the card, then they should have voted to do so with their chips.

Just an issue with me. It's in my house rules. Some like it, some don't, I really don't. I beleive it takes away from the game of poker, be it a friendly game or not.

No rabbit hunting!

Knowing the invite list, I can probaby tell you who asked to hunt as well!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'll go along with Quads on this one. I think it's just a matter of principles. Sure it's harmless, but it's not what the game is all about. If you wanna see the card...pay for it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
IMO, it doesn't matter at all. The only argument against it is that it slows the game down sllightly. That being said, it's part of our "standard rules" and I will never permit rabbit hunting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm... I always like showing somebody a rabbit card. It tells me that they are drawing for cards. And I love turning the card they would have hit. Makes them want to push their chips in the next time they are on a draw = more callers for me when I have the advantage.

just my 2 cents, but once again... as with my thoughts on tips for the dealers, I have been shot down. hehe.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
No, not at all. If you host, and it's your table, by all means, rabbit hunt. You call your game. I'm just saying it doesn't (and will never) happen in my garage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think it shold be up to the dealer of each table!! if someone wants to rabiit hunt then it will cost the person half of what the bet would have been!! i will show the card for cash!!! LOL!!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Ditto.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts