Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought everyone should know that the limelight is having 12 dollar satellite tourneys for wpt mon-fri at 2pm. They also have a very very loose 3-6 game going at night with a table full of people who are either drunk or have no idea how to play poker. If you cant take people beating you with the occasional gutshot i wouldnt go but other then that it is pretty easy to clean up at this place. They also have a 25 dollar 2 table tourny on mon and wens.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
That's all they play is $3/6, however Jane is / has been talking about putting a $6/12 game together.

G

·
doman.....every been to the "slime"? it barely has a front door!! LOL!!

In my MUCH younger days I honed my late night alley walking (stumbling) skills while leaving the "Slime" after WAY too many Jagermeisters. I had friends that played in bands back then and I would work the door and bounce for them when they played. That place has killed more of my brain cells then I care to remember. It will be nice to get back in there and replace some of those brain cells with dollar bills!

So...in answer to your question they don't have one.....BUT....follow this link http://sac.napkinnights.com/pics/index.php?sv=30 and you will find some pictures of the place and the people that go there now. You will find quite the array of douchebags with their hats on crooked, the same douchebags that are too drunk to know they have teir tongue in the buddies ear and not some hot chick, and an occasional hot chick!!

Let me know when yer gonna be there so I can stay away! Don't want you takin my money!!

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
You know the great thing about "douchebags"????
thier money spends just as well as the others.

It's free money dude.
I don't give a rip who they are, it's free money.

On most every night you will find a table of drunk ESPN'rs and a few home poker players flexin' their high rolling skillz on a $3/6 table. Do they know how to count outs? not likely, do they know how to throw all the catch phrases out there? you betcha.... they're ESPN'rs...

Do the know how to play cards?
I got 2 Land Rover car payments that says they don't.

Your milage may vary-

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
website

they do have a website it is limelightbar.com and also they dont only play 3/6 they also have straight 6 lowball table during the day

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
You ahve to be either 92 years old or have had been on social security for 40+ years to get in that low ball game!

G

·
The douchebags I was talking about were the ones in the pictures at the bar...NOT the ones playing poker. Yer right....money is money but "money won is far sweeter than money earned". What movie is that from?

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
I have, and if there is any indication of the style of play, they are the same $3/6 slot machine calling stations that play the tourney as do the cash game. So, if you are skilled at dancing on egg shells, you should do just fine in the tourney.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i played one on monday

i played one there on monday and placed 6th out of 25. i'd say only 10 of the 25 people who entered even knew how to play and out of the 5 people who finished ahead of me none of them knew what they were doing. I lost an all in of k's against q10 which hit two pair but hey thats poker. I'm going to check out there 10 dollar wpt satellite at 2 today i will post on how it went.

G

·
Quads said:
So, if you are skilled at dancing on egg shells, you should do just fine in the tourney.
Meaning that if I am patient and wait for my cards? and...maybe not kill someone who sucks me out:!?!?!?! LOL!!

G

·
I am probably going to play one next week....we'll see what happens!

Hags: Anything new to report on the tourney on the 5th? still on for noon?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'm waiting until next monday to make an official finalization on the 5th, but as of right now, there's probably no tourney, just a day of poker starting at noon, hopefully a $50 table and a $25 table.

I'll be sending out my final plan after I get back from CC on Monday.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts