Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Badministrator
42,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's all I have to say. Limelight. Repeat after me… Lime…. Light….

After busting out of the NL tourney at the Derby, a gang of us decided to head over there. It was a Tuesday night. There was a poker class (yes.. .poker “class�) that we took a seat in and guess what... after class, they open another table for those who are in poker class (or anyone else) that wants to play a friendly game of 3/6. They start a game when there are enough people on the list who are willing to play. They open the poker tables on Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat nights around 8 or so (again, when there are enough people). They as well have tourneys however I don't know the schedule.

Great bar, music, food, outside patio, pool tables, dart boards, and more fish at a poker table than a Skipper and two Deck Hands can bring to a dock. The place is a gold mine.

You're often seated at a table with one or two other people who actually know how to play cards (and I use that term loosely), and 6 or 7 others that are flat out calling stations. Most every hand goes to the river, and last night, I saw 3 or 4 pots go to an Ace high with a lot of paint on the board. I had a few great hands including quad 6's that were reraised and ended up getting capped every round.

SJ and I played there for about 5 hours last night. When a new guy would sit down at the table, we'd look at each other from across the table thinking, "well, there's another 60 or 70 bucks worth of chips ripe for the picking"

Another guy would raise preflop with 2/9 suited and fish all the way to the river with a pair of 2's even though there were 4 over cards out there, then look at you in confusion when his pair of ducks were shot down.

I was using my favorite, ……Night Crawlers and I think SJ was using the ever trusty Orange (with glitter) Power Bait.

SJ has booked a room down the street from there for the next 52 Tuesday nights and is planning on starting his own “frequent fishers club�. I’m sure this will be a staple in his weekly diet, seeing as the card room doesn’t close until 3 or 4 AM.

As I was cashing out, the dealer (who I know from another card room and around town) asks me, and I quote: “Are you sure you want to leave this gold mine?�

·
Registered
15 Posts
limelight

I haven't had that many callers since everybody in my jr. high class heard my sister would put out if you paid her way into the roller king.

christ.

capped. capped. capped. whacugot? Ace high.

And as a bonus, they bring you as much alcohol as you can drink. So, get the picture straight in your head....he has a jaeger in one hand, chips in the other, holding his cards up to the ceiling light as if they were fucking x-rays.... "I RAISE!".

beautiful.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Where is this place?

·
Badministrator
42,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coming from Roseville, take 80 towards Sac. then take 50 to Tahoe, take that to Watt, turn left, go up Watt a few miles until you hit Business 80, head West, I mean east,... no, west, then get off on L, make a right at the light, then go across town, you will need to jog over to K street which should take you up so you can get on I5 north, take I5 and get off on richards, take Richards to the road that runs along the river down towards old sac, (where discovery park is) which will take you almost to old town sac. (do'nt go there) you will see an onramp for 99. Take the 99 South onramp which will wrap you around to 50 east, take that to the N or L street street offramp, go left, take N to l and make a right, no... left.... no wait, right, take a right, (go under the freeway) and take that down to Alhambra and make a right and it should be right there on your right hand side. (I'm pretty sure) I think it's L and Alhambra.

Limelight Card Club
1014 Alhambra Blvd
Sacramento, California 95816
United States
Telephone: 916-446-2208

·
Registered
732 Posts
It took you longer to think that up and type it then it would for me to get there Quads. Thanks for the address.

·
Badministrator
42,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know. And to think I stopped half way through to count my winnings from that place.

·
Badministrator
42,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On the way in this morning, I needed to stop and get gas. I was grinning thinking that when I paid the cashier the 48 bucks for a fillup, thinking in the back of my mind... "was this the A/T pot, or was this the pair of 8's"

No, the pair of 8's pot was about 65 bucks, that must have been the bar tab I paid last night, so the A/T pot must of been the tank of gas.

Tonight, I think the 2's full of J's pot will take the wife and I out to a nice dinner.

Don't let me forget, I want to buy a few nice cigars for this weekend with that late in the evening 9 high flush pot.

With my gold toof displayed, nobody give me trouble 'cause they know I got it made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts