Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking to put in a request at work to attend VMWORLD 2011. Has anyone ever attended this event? Is it worth it? It’s at the Venetian in Vegas this year which makes it worth it all by itself but I don't think my company would let me go on just that. :)

We're slow adapters here (not by choice) So we're just really getting into VM's and the power that they hold. Was hoping this event would teach me a thing or two.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
I'd go to the fucking bottle cap convention... so long as it was being hosted in Vegas.
This is a no brainer.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I met two people at a convention in MN a couple years back and both attend VMWorld and they love it. They say it's one of the best conferences they attend, both for technical learning and people networking.

I'm a Citrix Shop (included Citrix XenServer for VM) so I too am wondering what the benefit would be for me, if any. However, I can't make the Citrix Conference this year due to scheduling conference so I'm really giving VMWorld a good look. If I register I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
One of our team went to VMWorld last year and said it's really great. My cheap-ass company probably won't approve 2 of us to go, but I suspect this guy will go again this year...

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got the AOK TODAY!!!!!!! Will get more details on hotel and flights soon!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flying in Sunday Aug 28, Flying out the night of Thurs Sept 1st. Staying at the Venetian :)

·
Registered
29,128 Posts
I looking to put in a request at work to attend VMWORLD 2011. Has anyone ever attended this event? Is it worth it?
Uhh... never been, but I can confidently say...

It’s at the Venetian in Vegas this year which makes it worth it all by itself but I don't think my company would let me go on just that. :)

We're slow adapters here (not by choice) So we're just really getting into VM's and the power that they hold. Was hoping this event would teach me a thing or two.
Abso-fucking-lutely.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cost to attend? I'm working on learning up on vmware and want to start doing more with it.
All the info is at www.vmworld.com

I've taken one course on vmware and have been playing around with it at work for about 2 years now. We're finally moving into having production boxes running on esx. But we need to build up the infrastructure a bit more before we go full blown. The benefits and ease of use is unreal.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Just took my install/configure course for VMWare last week. We learned about version 4.1. I get back to work on Monday and find out version 5 is set to be released next month.

Never fails! :)

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I'll keep you posted if I'm going. still not sure. I just got off the phone with a guy that said - 'get away from XenServer and go VMware'.. that might be my ticket.

·
Registered
29,128 Posts
If you go, hit the Tryst over at the Winn. Bring like 200k with you. Make it rain.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
The Palazzo is attached to conference venue but the price is about $40 more per night.

I booked it. It's worth that not to trek across the strip to get to the conference.

Hemps, we'll have to swap contact info..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts