The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of yesterday, Derby has announced its new blind structure. Very good, if you ask me:

4/8 Hold Em - $4 on the big blind. NO small blind. NO money on button now.
(They still rake $4 + $1 for the jackpot, but now it's out of the pot, effectively making each pot $1 smaller. However, there's no $1 on the button now, so you're only being charged $4 an orbit to play. This is a VERY good deal.

12/24 Hold Em - $12 on the big blind, $6 on the small blind. Slightly more money proportionally each orbit than 4/8, but the rake is the same (4 chips). They don't rake the small blind, just $1 for the jackpot.

NL Hold Em - $5 big blind, $2 small blind. The bring-in is $5. You're only paying $7 an orbit, which is very competitive for a NL game. They rake $5 + $1 a hand, not bad. I just got done playing NL at Eldorado, and they had $5/$3/$2 on the button, with a bring-in of $10. But the action was great :D

-David "The Kid"

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
When they have enough players in the house to spread it. The last few times I've been there for the start, they seated us at 1:00-2:00. Last time I was there they seated us at about 1:00 and there were like 20 players on the waiting list after the initial 9 were seated.

They wait to make sure there's enough players in the house to keep the limit games alive before they spread the NL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts