Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all, I'm a newbie here but I notice y'all are talking about Sac. area cardrooms, and I'm from Davis, soooo.... nice to meet you :)

Anyway, I hit up the Limelight last night with my buddy thanks to the reccomendations here. My take on it (from one night of play) is that the place is a giant ATM machine until about 12am, where the cardroom leaves our space-time continuum and becomes the loosest game anyone's ever seen, ever.

I sat down around 8:30 and won the first 3 hands I was involved in. Mostly TPGK and other legit stuff like that. One memorable hand went like this:

I'm on the BB with 78o. Family pot, no raises. Flop comes 77K. I check, someone bets, someone raises, I smooth call. I think 5 players at this point. Turn's a blank, I check again, bet to me, I raise. Folded to Miguel (don't know if you guys know him? He's a regular at Capitol, too. Very nice guy, if a little tilty) who calls.

Now I bet in the dark. River is... the case 7. For fun, I ham it up a little: "Oh, shit. What a stupid bet." etc. Miguel raises. I re-raise. Miguel folds and I take down a decent pot.

About midnight I'm up a little more than $200. Sweet. I give my buddy $60 to play with since he came along for the ride and I can tell he's bored. This is when I get moved to the main game. Freakin' a. That game was WILD. Preflop cap on anything, showdown anything, two-card bingo. I typically crank down the screws like a rock, but the cards stopped coming.

I pissed away my winnings until 3am until I was DOWN $20. In retrospect, I was tired, and the game was FAR too wild to play methodically like I can do during the tail end of a 20 hour session at Capitol.

Additionally, the dealers are the slowest I have E-V-A-R played with. This woman was dealing... blonde, short hair... nice enough, but she shuffled and dealt with the skill of a llama. Don't get me wrong, they're all nice, just not as adept as the dealers at Capitol, or even Cache Creek (!). One dealer mucked a lady's TT on a KxxTK board when I showed a K for trips. I think I could have made a stink about it, but we all saw the TT. I didn't want to put on a huge bullseye.

Anyway, if you were there last night, I was the chubby guy with dark hair, a short-sleeved button down shirt, and a lot of chips until about midnight. My buddy who was sweating wore a shirt that said "I <3 pastrami rachel" on the back.

Good to meet you!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welcome aboard!

If you're interested in getting involved in some of our NL home games, get your contact info to one of the regular hosts (me, Quads, Dodger for starters) and we'l get you on the invite list. If not, we welcome your input and reports, just as long as you never disagree with me! :wink:

Just kidding, of course - you practically HAVE to disagree with me at some point to part of the "family". :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts