Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who play extensively online, this one's for you. What is my best bet to avoid any fees when funding an account at FTP where you can use Neteller. Is there a normal fee associated withy depositing or withdrawing?

Give me the scoop on what is the best way to deposit and withdraw......A to Z.

Thanks

·
Badministrator
42,728 Posts
You can get money in your neteller account several ways.
Some have fees others don't. There isn't a fee to get it from Neteller to FTP, or your online gaming room of choice.

Neteller Fees are as follow:
Online Check: None
With an Online Check (EFT), you are able to transfer directly from your verified bank account into your NETELLER account. By utilizing the Automated Clearing House (ACH) system, we can move funds directly from your current bank account into your NETELLER Account.

InstaCash: Yes. All instaCASH deposits will be charged an 8.9% service fee. This fee will be added to the amount requested from your bank account.
Depositing via instaCASH works exactly the same way as regular Online Check (EFT) deposits only your account is credited instantly. You should see the funds leave your bank account within 48 hours of making the deposit. You should not make a deposit if the funds are not already available in your bank account.

Credit Cards: Yes. A processing fee of 3.9% will be added to the amount you request. Credit card deposits will appear on your statement as: "NETELLER.COM".
Your account may have been funded once you have notification your credit card deposit was successful. To receive an initial credit card deposit in your NETELLER account, there has to be one phone contact on your account. Your account will be closed if we are unable to reach you at the phone number(s) on your account. You will then receive an email asking you to call in. Once we have one phone contact, you will never be asked to call in again. If we have previously had a phone contact with you a phone contact will not be necessary.

Bank Wire: Possibly. NETELLER will cover the cost of receiving a bank wire from your financial institution. Your bank or financial institution may charge a fee to send a bank wire to NETELLER. You will have to inquire at your financial institution what the fees may be for sending a bank wire.

Complete information can be found here:
http://www.neteller.com/ab/help/faq/?faq=funding

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you are going to play exclusively on FTP then see if you can make the EFTs via the ACH network directly to and from FTP to a checking account setup exclusively for these transfers. Most banks have some sort of free checking accounts avaliable and it's not like you will be writing a lot of checks with this account.

Depending on the site, deposits may be used immediately for play. This could also depend on how long you've been a member and your deposit record. Any cashouts on PP are restricted until your funds actually clear (1-3 business days). Once funds are clear, cashouts take 1-3 business days to make it back to your checking account.

Using Neteller is advantageous if you play at several sites. I think it would allow you to transfer money between sites a little more easily. Since I play only at PP (never tried any other) the direct EFT works nicely for me.

I have no fees from PP or my bank.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
When I was doing that, I set up a Neteller account and used the free transfer method. It typically took a couple days to do the free one, so you can't do anything too impulsive. It took a bit of finagaling to get setup (you have to deal with your bank) but after it was hooked up I never had a problem.

Neteller also has "instant" which costs (as Quads stated) so if you absolutely need some cash you can get it.

Most of the card rooms were pretty quick transfering between thier "bank" and Neteller - money in was instant, out was sometimes several hours or more).

As far as I could tell, it was the best way to go.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I was hoping for some new info. that I did not already read on the site but it looks like everyone is stuck with the same. It sounds to me like the Paypal way of depositing. Takes 2 or 3 days for the money to actually get there without a charge. As for the withdrawal, does the EFT just do a basic bank transfer into your account without any charge but the catch is that you have to wait for 3 or 4 days for the money to be "live"?

If so, sounds like I better pad the account a bit so I don't have to wait 3 days each time I run out of a $50 deposit.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
THe way I did it, was to commit the amount of money I was willing to risk and put it into Neteller.

I just threw $100 out there and immediately put it into play at the site I was playing.

After I built that up a little, I pulled some of the money back into Neteller and then bought into another site.

I continued this until I had money at 3 or 4 sites and then just played. I cashed a little out of one of my accounts here and there. (Eventually I just cashed it all out.)

I always chose to keep my funds at the sites I was playing rather than at Neteller so I wouldn't have to deal with buy-ins and withdrawls everytime I played - the process is cumbersome enough to want to avoid regularly. I never had any issue with funds disappearing (except for at some of the tables....). I rarely kept any kind of balance at Neteller.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use echecks by igmpay and it's instantaneous and free. You have to register your checking account, takes about 15 minutes, then it's instantly deposited each time thereafter. I only play at Party though, so I'm not sure if it works elsewhere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use neteller and have 0 issues. I don't mind the fee for the instant transfer, but also have patience to wait for the free service. I would imagine it would help keep you from redepositing on tilt and making some bad decisions.

Personally, I have been playing for 2+ months on my original $50 deposit. Been as low as $10, but usually play a 5+.50 tourney and come up to go back to the tables with.

You could always find a friend to just transfer you money online and give them the cash if you are hesitant. I only play right now on PS and the transfer to a player takes about 2 mins.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dodger said:
I use echecks by igmpay and it's instantaneous and free. You have to register your checking account, takes about 15 minutes, then it's instantly deposited each time thereafter. I only play at Party though, so I'm not sure if it works elsewhere.
You can make your initial deposit with IGMPay and then withdraw to NETeller, which can be used at all sites.

The majority of my play is online and I've used NETeller, IGMPay, and Firepay successfully. NETeller is, by far, the easiest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts