Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got something similar to this inline on my sprinkler system out back. http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-G...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Since I've had the system installed I've replaced the God damn thing 4 times and getting ready to again soon.

It will work properly for several months and then start leaking out of the knob that opens/closes the flow of water. If I leave it indefinitely it will eventually pop the entire top of the unit off. If I'm not home when it happens guess how much water goes out into the street until I get home?

Again, this has happened several times and always six months or more apart so it's not like I've gotten a valve from a bad lot.

Anyone have any idea what my REAL problem could be?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Dude that is the cheapest fucking valve they make. We always knew they would blow sooner than later. Of course it may also be enhanced by a water hammer effect if you have that going on.

Better yet place a anti-siphon valve on the entire system and then use regular inline valves.
Almost all AS type valves suck dick.

Orbit = the cheapest shit China can make.
They are a joke in the irrigation industry to say the least!

Aloha, Pete

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude that is the cheapest fucking valve they make. We always knew they would blow sooner than later. Of course it may also be enhanced by a water hammer effect if you have that going on.
No water hammer...

Do you agree a brass valve would be better?

I agree, don't buy that shit at Home Depot. I don't know if any of these are by you, but this is where I buy my sprinkler stuff. http://www.johndeerelandscapes.com/...ge=10&btnSearch=Search+By+State&BranchNumber=
A couple are close enough. I've got an Ace Hardware right up the street. I'll see if they have anything different. There's another outfit in town called Sprinkler World. I'll have to look them up.

Thanks,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts