The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to go out into the field (literally) to locate some property corners. Even with all the rain the dirt road "looked" passable for my ole two wheel drive pickup. (just got dealt KK on the button), well for about 500 feet down the road things were going smoothly (I raise and get three callers) then things started getting snotty and slippery, if I wasn't driving along side a 5 foot deep irrigation ditch I would have thrown it in reverse and attempted to slip and slide out backwards. (The flop comes Axx) But because driving forward was bad enough I elected to make a forward run down to the end of the road and to high ground (Check, check, check to me, I bet) Only to find out that even high ground is a swirl of snot (call call RAISE all in!, uh oh...) got turned around okay, but I had a slight grade to climb back on the road, couldn't gun it up the grade because of the aforesaid 5 foot ditch on the other side. (Should I call or fold, I know I'm beat, but maybe I'll catch one of my outs, pot odds ya know.....), tried to baby the truck up the 20 or so feet to get to the road proper, (I call, fold fold) but the rear end was sliding downhill and sideways quicker than I was making forward progress. (dealt x on the turn and x on the river). Ended up stuck in a mud puddle at the far end of the dirt road, (shown A5o for a pair of A's - did a Hagar stomping down that dirt road out to the main road) fortunately my co-worker has a 4 wheel drive and a tow cable and I had a cell phone (REBUY!) :oops: The only thing damaged was my pride....

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
nice analysis and comparison!

I woke up with a migrane this morning
got 7/2 off on the button
but got in the car and the wife filled the tank when she used it last night
next hand, I get Aces
Got on the freeway and there wasn't a lick of traffic
flopped a set of rockets and was getting callers all around

1 - 2 of 2 Posts