Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I just had a new deck built and there is room under it for a keg fridge. I'm looking to have some taps built into the side of the deck and wondering if anyone has some experience doing this. I'd also like it to be completely cooled using solar panels. I have a few ideas, but any ideas from someone with actual experience would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,628 Posts
Solar photovoltaic is still expensive right now
If you have the extra $$ then put in a grid tie system that will help power your whole house & feed to the grid
A much better idea is to build a solar water/space heater that could pay itself off in 1 heating year depending upon your location

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Running the taps out to the side of the deck is easy. basic plumbing and insulating the lines / tower, etc.

Not sure about the solar.
I would really be worried about the quality of the beer that you would be pouring out of those lines. Unless you are going to go full glycol I wouldn't do it.

I just see it being pours of foam. You would have to do tons of research before plumbing in your lines. Making sure you get the correct diameter houses and proper length. Also not to mention CO2 pressure to make the run you have to the taps. Draft systems aren't super easy there are some interesting dynamics to setting them up. Make sure you do tons of reading.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts