Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bringing this thread back...

Here's a couple pictures of a kegerator I built. Used a 15 cubic foot freezer and put a countertop on it. It served me well, but I eventually sold it. Now it's time to upgrade to a full up wet bar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's a first class kegger! And a nice little alcove for it, too.
Thanks. I learned a lot from it and realized why I want a keg chill box for my next bar. One, you had to lift the counter top up to load it while you lifted a full keg (kegs, really) over the edge. Plus, there was a drain bucket inside that needed to be emptied every once in a while or it would start to mold and stink. The new bar will be a front opening door to hold the kegs and a proper drain. It's difficult to notice in those pictures that the CO2 tank is on the left side. I want the cylinder hidden out of sight and the pressure controls and gauges easily accessible. My next bar will have that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Here's some shots of the Kegerator I finished up just in time for my annual 1st Round March Madness party. We blew the Citra Pale keg on Thursday and the Session IPA on Friday. Also went through 1/2 a keg of honey porter and 1/2 keg of a scotch ale.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The USB fan blows cold air up one tower leg along the beer lines/taps and it exits down the other leg. I used foam insulation (pipe wrap) inside the iron pipe and installed the beer lines inside the insulation.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes. I used liquid nails to adhere backer board to the top and screwed backer board to 2x4's that I fastened to the front and sides of the lid.

I applied a couple of layers of concrete resurfacer (mixed with black pigment). I had originally planned to sand down to a nice smooth finish until my 15 yo son suggested that it would look more industrial and almost like an unpolished quarry slab if I left it rough.

My son made the drip tray for me out of some channel iron and some rusty floor grating. We applied several coats of clear to keep the industrial finish while preventing further rusting from drips.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's not very heavy (easy 1 man job) since I only applied skim coats. Once the lid is vertical it stays in position from the tower acting as a counter weight. Good suggestion on heavier springs, might make lifting even easier.

·
Registered
59 Posts
empinball where did you find the coupling that reduced the iron pipe to fit the tap? I like that fit better than mine as the coupling looks to be a perfect match with threads. Mine is from the backside and not screwed into the coupling just through it.
[/URL][/IMG]

41 - 59 of 59 Posts