Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Come on guys I know there's more kegerators out there with nice paint jobs and cool tap handles. I'm getting my fridge tomorrow so it should all be put together tomorrow I'll post pics of everything from start to fix and how to direction too

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
well its been a while since i posted but i wanted to update everyone about my kegerator. I got it all put together back in march and was a little too antsy about it so i roughed up the slightly rusted stock paint and put 3 good coats of blue on it with a WVU logo cut out of diamond plate, in the top left corner of the fridge door. Well 6 months later around september (after my 3rd keg) i started to see rust eating through. uh oh. Well i had to cut my keg funds for the up coming holidays and started buying cans in the mean time. Well it was driving me crazy for the longest time so i borrowed some tools from work like a wire wheel and acquired some grey primer. So for a good 5 hours on saturday i sat down and just started stripping the paint down to the metal to get rid of as much rust as possible. i laid 3 GOOD coats of primer and lightly sanded it down to smooth it out and now im waiting to pick up some more blue spray paint and some old gold yellow and some clear coat and hopefully it will be completely done and ill just be waiting for that big beautiful silver barrel of gods great gift to men.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

That is the kegerator right after it was done being painted. I got a nice bud light tap handle since thats my preferred keg beer. But like i said previously i had to strip all the paint to kill the rust and now its sitting there with only primer waiting to get some blue and old gold yellow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Hey quads i hope your talking about the mountaineers instead of that coach stealing team michigan. But i do have to get the wolverines some credit they are doing good this year

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

Heres the fridge with a light coat on the freezer from some left over blue paint

Well i know it looks like michigan colors but the wvu logo is those colors too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

There it is! 98% complete just got to clean the top of the tap handle and put the drip tray on and its done!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts