Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm aboutto start my Kegerator project and I'm looking for ideas and inspiration. I have an idea but I wanna see why you guys got. I'll post pics of the progression

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the bar set up you have beatts. I was gonna do a modified jockey box but my wives boss just bought a new fridge and is giving me her old one some I'm just going Kegerator. I want to see more guys!

·
Badministrator
42,707 Posts
Search the forum. There are a few guys out there who have posting picks and tips on converting their fridges to kegerators. Pretty simple process to do if you're willing to drill a few holes in the door or side for the taps and do a little handy work.

·
Registered
9,628 Posts
I've always wondered how long a 1/4 or 1/2 keg of beer would last...as far as staying "good" for the summer
1/4 keg is 3 1/2 cases, not sure we even drink that in a summer
1/4 keg is about $40-50 depending upon brand ?
I'd rather have (2) 1/4 kegs then just one 1/2 keg
Wife will want a light beer I think
Seems like there are different keg valves too
So how do you pick the valve, or is one more common ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
As long as your system is in good working order, (temp, co2 pressure etc) the keg will last months.

The keg in my picture above took me almost 4 months to drink and tasted the same as the day I tapped it.

I have however switched to the 20l smaller kegs. I can fit two of those in my fridge and that way I never run out :)

·
Super Moderator
8,425 Posts
As long as your system is in good working order, (temp, co2 pressure etc) the keg will last months.

The keg in my picture above took me almost 4 months to drink and tasted the same as the day I tapped it.

I have however switched to the 20l smaller kegs. I can fit two of those in my fridge and that way I never run out :)
Agreed. You can get a keg to last about 6 months as long as the CO2 holds up and you keep it cold. Mine goes for months during the summer when I don't have poker games going on with no problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I got the deluxe Kegerator kit from beverage factory. It comes with a #5 co2 and drip try plus a double gauge. Plus all the other little things. I bought it off amazon because it cost 164.00 with free shipping but if you buy it from the stores site it cost 189.00 plus shipping

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice bar setup slev I wish I had a mini fridge like that my mini desire now is to small for an keg. So my ultimate plan is have the mini fridge built in to a bar and the kegerator next to the bar! I wish some people had custom painted kegerators.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Diver, that's not a mini fridge...it's actually a kegerator. I bought the kegerator and took the tower off. Added an extension piece between the top of the fridge and bottom of bar, then just installed the tower to the top of my bar.

Bought the kegerator for $425 from wal-mart online. A few tweeks to the factory setup and it's worked like a champ! I've had it for over a year without ANY problems. I bought a $15 digital thermometer to assure proper temps. You can see the read-out to the left of the tower. It reads room temp, fridge temp, maximum fridge temp, and minimum fridge temp.

Check out these: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=kegerator&ic=48_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0
Can't beat the price

1 - 20 of 59 Posts