The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had an issue in a tourny i was in the other day and i was wondering if i can get some clarification or better yet anyone who can find me proof that i can print out. When a tourny becomes heads up who is the big blind. I think that the dealer button is big blind but i was told the dealer button is small blind. Can someone please let me know the answer

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
First thing you need to know: Any rules that are anything other than the hand rankings (flush beats a straight etc) are subject to be differernt every single place you play. Make sure you understand the rules in any game (home game or card room) before you sit down.

That being said, it's pretty standard that the button pays the small blind when it comes down to heads up in a tourney. The logic behind this practice is that it gives the non-button player a little bit of protection by giving him position for the first betting round. Otherwise the button would have a very dominant posisition for the whole hand, acting last on every betting round.

I've never played in an "organized" tourney that didn't implement the blinds this way when it got down to heads up.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Button is always the small blind when it gets to heads up in a tourney.
...unless that particular cardroom or home game doesn't know any better. There's never any always in this game.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts