Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Where's the step stool for the pinball machine?
He's using it to take the picture so that it doesn't look like he took the picture while laying on the floor...
You sure he doesn't use the chair and table off to the side. Just moves it away when he's done.

Nice setup

Discussion starter · #49 ·
I was given this old football helmet just shy of 20 years ago. I have no idea where it came from, one of my old college roommates found it at a yard sale or something and gave it to me.

It is in really bad shape. I like the old scratches and shit like that, but the face mask retaining clips were completely rotted out and needed to be replaced. The only ones I could find online were a wee bit too pricey for what this leprechaun was willing to spend out of my pot of gold. So I called up T and asked him if he had any extra clips lying around his office.

Shit was so rusted in I had to dremel them out.

New shiny clips and on the wall in the basement.

Thanks T!

New shiny clips and on the wall in the basement.

Thanks T!

Always glad to help.

I'm thinking the side clips are on backwards. The facemask looks to be too far away from the helmet. I think if you flipped them where the facemask passes through the clips, closer to the ear hole, like this:

It would probably draw the facemask closer to the helmet and look better.
Thought I passed along that info when we chatted about this a while back, I could be mistaken.

Looking at that old ass facemask design a 2nd and 3rd time as I'm typing this, I don't know if you will be able to flip the clips.

Looks sweet.

T

Good enough for what you needed them for I guess.

T

Discussion starter · #55 · (Edited)
Thread resurrection:

I made a "game room" sign for the basement using floating letters and color changing LEDs. It was kind of an experiment to just see if I could carve letters decently with my cheap ass bandsaw. Another one of my make it up as I go type projects, using scrap wood I had in the garage.

Sad story here is that I cut these letters out in September, and was sharing progress pics with a real great friend of mine by texts who also was into building stuff. Unfortunately he was killed that same weekend by a drunk driver. I couldn't bring myself to touch the letters and work on the sign for months. I finally decided to finish the sign about a week ago while I've been at home from work.

Pictures first, build video below

Video

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.