Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick note to see if anyone is or is interested in going to some of the Pot of Gold tournaments at the Reno Hilton?? They run all the way till around the 18th of May, so I was thinking of going up there sometime next week to play in some of the $100 or $200 ones. Also hit up the Eldo NL game if I get a chance. SJ called me and said that he might be going, so that's 2. Any more? I'll be back in town Monday, so I'll update it then. Email me if you're interested.

-david

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quads,

sounds good. let me or smacky know. he called me and said that he's going up sometime next week, so im gonna call him when i get back to town monday. we should all go up again and take it all this time, then hit up the Eldo NL for more dough. maybe james will be down, too, but he's pretty busy during the week.

-david

G

·
The Ghost and I raced on up to check out the poker room at the Hilton last Saturday. We got onto the NL $200 min with nomax. I hovered around my buy in for a couple of hours and then went up about $150.

I was getting a little bored and decided to hit one of their hourly $110 sit n go's. The payout was $500, $300 and $200. I was able to get into the money and ended up chopping the whole $1000 3 ways. I didn't mind either way but the other two wanted to split it so no biggie. Our stacks were basically the same.

I then went back into the NL game with the Ghost. We played for hours and then I made a play that ended up costing me about $360. There was this lady at the table that plays a lot of poker who I've been beating pretty consistently. Not that I sought her out it just worked out that way.

She got some racks to leave and take a break because she has been at the table all day. She was leaving with about $360~. She was playing one more hand and I happened to look down and see KK I was on the button. She raised $40, 1 caller and then I paused........ and said "I'm all in". She looks at me and was talking out loud to herself like "I think you are trying to grand stand...I don't think you have anything..." I just smiled and the she says "I call". Inside I was like "YYYYYYYYES!".

The other caller folds and I flip up my KK and she makes a face in disgust and flips over her 88 and talks out loud again with a smile "Boy was that a stupid call...I can't believe I just did that...I thought for sure you were trying to grand stand..". The flop brings QJ4, the turn brings a 9.........The river brings..................8!

I could not believe it....I just stared blinking my eyes in disbelief. She felt so bad about the whole thing, she just kept apologizing. She could not apologize enough she said. I gathered myself and paid her off.

That left me with about $100 still on the table. It took me about another hour or so to get back to where I was before the major "Suck Out" from earlier. I felt pretty good about keeping myself from tilting after that and composing myself enough to continue to play good poker.

The Ghost busted out and decided he was done. I then put a time limit on my game for about 30 minutes ( I should have left right then and there). I made a bad play that cost me around $250.

P1 raises 2x bb 2 players call, P2 and me, I'm late seat holding 56s. Flop comes out T64 rainbow. Checks all around (first mistake. A bet here would show me where I was). Turn brings 5. P1 bets $20, P2 raises to $80, I raise it to $200 with my two pair. (P2 was a medium player and that was my miss read when he came over the top on a strong player. I should have folded right then and there.) P1 folds, P2 ponders awhile because of the straight possibilities on the board and then calls me.

River brings nothing. P2 checks, I show my two pair thinking I am good and he shows his trip T's. I then started to make more mistakes and ended up losing what I had on the table.

Moral of the story. When you notice that you have about 30 minutes left before you are leaving, leave NOW! You might save yourself some money from bad play trying to get a quick extra buck or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.