Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been thinking about getting some KEM cards. I was going to get them online, but The Briar Patch in Arden mall had 2 decks with holder for $25, so I just got some there. Get them home and I'm looking at the backs, and I noticed that 3 cards (2 aces!! and an 8 ) on one of the decks are totally disfigured. Physically they're fine, but the backs are all mucked up, with big lines drug across the print. Totally unusable in play!

So I get online and call KEM's 800 #. Get routed to the people who bought them out, and they won't replace the cards or help me at all. They said their new version of KEMs are coming out in May, and they will warranty those. Bastards...

So I call Briar Patch, and the guy there was totally cooll. He said that there's been a number of defects of this kind lately... he thinks that they are not letting the ink dry properly before they package them. So he said I could bring em back and get a refund or just get a new set. Personally, I'd like to get a good set of KEM while they're still around... the guy I talked to said that the new ones will be the same totally, except they won't say "KEM made in USA 1935" on the Ace of Spades, but will say their company trademark.

Crazy.

-David

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Yes, that has been an issue with KEM's in the last few months. The quality has gone down and you are not the only person I've read about having this issue.

Glad to know that Briar Patch took care of you.

Also, check out Copag cards. TheModFather gave me a set up of those and I'm just as impressed with them as the KEM's. (plus, you can find them online for about 15 bucks)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts