Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

Webbers Gone... good or bad for the team?

• 1: Yay! Bye Webber! Now we have a real shot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2: No Way! The Kings shot of winning it all is over now!

• 3: Does it really matter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think this will be good or bad for the team overall? I've heard that the newly aquired players will be part of another trade, but we'll see... either way, this changes the entire core of the team!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Ender,
How's it going? Chris Webber? Hmmmmmmmm. This is the same guy who in college called a timeout in the last 7 seconds of the championship and they didn't have a timeout to give. This is the same guy who builds houses all night long with his brick of a jumpshot. However, He has stepped up this year and this year alone. I haven't been much of a Chris Webber fan, I think it's a good move by the Kings organization. It's not like he has much defense and his offense majority of the time stinks. The only thing he is good for is passing the ball. (When he isn't shooting it). I believe the forward from 76'ers will be a better fit in the long run. More of a rebounder and defensive type player. I believe his name is Kenny Thomas. Corliss Williamson a banger inside something Peja is not. I think the trade was overall good for the team. However, I don't see a title anytime soon.

Just_me

G

·
I can't believe anybody took Webber and the 20mil per year. It was a necessary trade and the Kings have played well with the one legged Webber on the pine. We were not going to win a title with Webber anyway regardless of who we were able to get to help.

We could use some defense and a little more aggressiveness inside. We'll see what happens. Atleast now I believe we can get into the playoffs and quit the tailspin. Webber and his knee was wearing out down the stretch.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm not for or against the trade. I think the Kings are good team with him and last year we provaed we can be a good one without him. But Peja needs to step up now and the team is gonna ride on hsi shoulders. Next year if we do not sign cuttino we are going to have a lot of money to work with i just hope we do not over pay peja like we did chris.

One thing i do have to say to all the webber haters. Will you give webber the respect he deserves when the 76ers beat detroit and miami to make it to the finals and lose to san antonio?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm pretty happy.

The team will be better without "crystal cris". Before he came back last year the offense was a beautiful flowing thing. Defense was good enough, and players were unselfish to get the wins. Flatfooted Chris comes back, the offense is gone and the team tanks just when they need to be peaking.

I feel like houston fans must have when they traded Ralph Sampson, his knee problems, his unattained potential, and his huge contract to Sacramento. Freed up of that contract, Houston went on to win the championship. Stuck with that contract, Sacramento spent most of the 90's as a second rate team. We're better off without weber.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Having said all this, Chris put a pretty classy goodby ad in the Sports section of the Bee this morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts