The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried my luck at Holdem on PP tonight, blah, the starting hands were few and far between and when I start with AA, KK, QQ or AK, well you can hear it now. The vacuum of the poker gods sucking my chips away. Down about $100. Decided to look at the $3-6 Omaha Hi-lo games. All ten player tables, dropped another $100 to that sucking sound. Five or six people coming in EVERY hand and at least four of them throwing chips into the pot to the bitter end. It seemed one of them always caught the gutshot straight, the 34 suited to make a J high flush on the river, or catch the pair to make a teeny tiny full house. Had about $300 left. Started watching the 5-10 Omaha games which seemed to be mainly 6 handed tables. Got the itch to try and bought in for $150. Waited till the button passed and played my first hand right of the dealer. Hole cards were A2 suited and 67 suited. Not a strong starting hand, but no one raised in front or in back of me so I was able to check the forced blind. The flop comes 3 4 5 spades. A2 were hearts, guess what the 67 were? check, check, bet 5, raise 5, I raise 5, dealer caps it, fold, the rest call it. I'm thinking please let them all have 67 or the nut flush (or a draw to it) or a draw to the full house, let none of them have an A2. Turn comes a 5. #2 leads out with a $10 bet (he checked the flop and it was capped when it got back to him), #3 calls, #4 raises $10, I reraise $10, the dealer calls, #2 calls, #3 calls, #4 caps it, I call and so does everyone else. My heart is pounding in my ears and I thinking shit I'm gonna have a heart attack... River is a blank, King I think. check, check, $10 bet, I raise, long thought by the dealer and then folds, #2 calls, #3 calls, #4 takes all 20 plus seconds and then just calls just before being auto-folded.

We show, #2 AK spades QJo for nut flush (no duece), #3 doesn't show (I quickly checked the last hand replay and he had 678T), #4 shows 653A for FH (no duece), my hand rolls over. The computer takes a real long time to sort things out (I'm thinking I'm missing something and that pot is gonna be split up and going elsewhere, but how???? my heart is going into overdrive, pound, pound POUND) Finally after what seemed like an eternity the other hands are wiped from the screen and the $400+ pot is pushed to me.

Got one "vnh" and one "WOW" in chat, I was still kinda stunned. Netted over $300 there abouts. I was suddenly a hundred plus ahead for the evening after covering the two earlier $100 losses. Little man on the left shoulder said "know when to walk away, know when to run", the little man on the right said "ah hell the evenings young partner...." I'm hard of hearing in the left ear.... This table broke up soon afterwards without any damage to my stack. I wasn't about to go heads up so I left and found another 6 handed 5-10 game to play in. Nothing spectacular, but I was winning more $70-$100 scooped pots than I was losing them. That table too, eventually broke up and I cashed out somewhere in the vicinity of $450 (net +300).

Overall about $400 to the good for the night at PartyPoker. Aside from some $100 tournament SNG first places, I think this is the biggest score I've had playing poker anywhere.

Several players in these 6 handed games, once they dropped $100 or so of their stack really put the phrase "on full tilt" to shame. Every hand raised preflop in hopes of catching the miracle flop, turn and river and getting even.

It's roughly 2 am PST on April 2nd and I'm going over to eBay to see if I can find something to bid on.

No, not an April fools joke either. Althought I half expect to find an email tomorrow from PP, saying "April Fools"..... or wake up from this dream.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Sweet hand. It sure is nice when the scales balance out that quickly. I had a live session kind of like that yesterday up in Jackson. Dropped my first rack (the last $40 went when an old lady had to protect her 82 in the blind and snapped off my QQ!) and then went on a tear that included rivering quads on a board that had 3 cards to a flush and 4 cards to a straight. Let's just say I got paid off pretty well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quite a different story today, between doing some home maintenance I was playing at the 5-10 Omaha tables again. It must be the fact that you have 4 cards that keeps people into the bitter end. Flop a nut straight and bet/raise it as much as possible only to have someone runner runner two low cards to make their low hand and a 9 high flush. It was all I could do to stay even most of the day and walk away with $50 for the day. Drop a fast $100 to the above and then have to grind back up to even, drop another $100 to some gutshoot draw and then grind back to even. Must of did this 3-4 times. Tiring. Finally hit a small pot while I was actually barely ahead which made me $50+ good for the day and I called it a day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts