The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my brother and I played in the Lucky Derby 2 Table WSOP Qualifier this morning and I captured one of the two seats to the Finals (2 table event - 20 people total). Overall, I played very well, got lucky when I needed to, and everything worked out in the end. THe Big Kahuna got busted out with pocket Jacks against A-K, but he's going to take another crack at an upcoming Sunday qualifier.

So, I will be playing in the Finals on January 16th at noon against 19 other Finalists:

1st Place: $10,000 seat to the WSOP and $500 cash
2nd Place: $500 cash
3rd Place: $500 cash
4th Place: $500 cash

Hopefully, I take 1st Place so I can wear my BYOC colors proudly!!!

Cheers,

WORM

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congratulations!! Good luck on the 19th (I assume Ill be able to tell you this in person...)

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Nicely done Worm!
Play your A-Game and you should be able to take a 20 person tourney with ease.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I would like to second that my brother did play extremely well down the stretch and came back from a relative short stack to finish strong. It was good to see that the competition we encountered was nothing special and many of the members from our group pose much more of a challenge than what we encountered today.

As Justin said, I got unlucky on my coin flip situation and the guy that busted me ended up winning the other seat at the end with Justin. My big mistake in that play was going up against a big stack at that point in the tourney and I should have just folded but saw an opportunity to amass a large chip lead and unfortunately he got lucky with his AK over my jacks.

This guy caught cards and sucked out all day and sometimes that is all you need to win a tourney. The thing that riled me up about the guy is the answer or lack there of when I asked him if a certain level bet would have got him to fold his hand against me pre-flop..... he said, "Well, I put you on KK so I just had to call whatever you bet.........so I said to him, you were willing to call my all-in bet knowing that you were drawing to a 3 outer to beat me?" I did not get a response so I assume he did not have a clue as to what I was talking about which makes more sense since he bet and called his AK like they were bullets.

I may try one more time but I might just try a couple of the lower events at the WSOP since it will be less of a crap shoot situation at that point.

Once again, congrats to my bro for some great play and representing BYOC proudly!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I echo my brother's thoughts about the guy who won the other seat to the finals. He was extremely lucky!!!

Although this was a 20 seat tourney, I have to believe that the 20 seat Finalist tourney on the 16th will be even more challenging.

If I play the same way that I did today and get lucky when I need to, I think I'll have a good shot! $65 investment to win a seat to the BIG SHOW would be pretty sweet. Time will tell!!

Thanks to my big bro for sticking around for the moral support!!

Worm

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Sweet! Good work Worm!

All you can do is play well and get lucky when needed and it sounds like you had the right combination of the two working in sync.

What time is the tourney on the 19th? Maybe we'll come down and root for ya.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Hags!

The Finals are on the 16th of January at noon (Lucky Derby). Top 20 Finalists competing for one seat to the WSOP and $500 in cash towards expenses. I'm going to make my best run at it!!

Worm

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quads, consider it won! I will see you at the BIG SHOW!

Worm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts