Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who can tell me what starting hand and what TWO cards on the FLOP gives a player the most outs for a final hand of a TRIPPS or BETTER?

Starting Cards ________

Flop _________

Here is a hint, one of the flop cards can be a rag....

·
Registered
732 Posts
It is whatever gives you the open ended straight draw with a flush draw and two over cards for a total of I believe 23 outs on the flop. Can't remember what the starting hand and flop are though. Will have to think more on it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Is it something like:

Starting Cards: As Qs

Flop: Js 10s 8o

Gives you double gut straight with flush draw and 2 overs.

Is this what you meant for the most outs?

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are close. However I don't see how you get 23 outs from an A/Q in your pocket. (Need to figure out A/Q). You are 1/2 correct in your second reply.

I'll give it some time for a few more people to reply and share the cards.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I would say something like 5s4s with a flop of 4c3s2s, a flop of straight flush draw with a pair, in which 6 card will make a straight, 7 card will make a flush, 2 card will make trips, and 2 card will make straight flush, for a total of 17 outs to make trips or better on the turn. If we go to the river consecutive 5's on turn and river will make boat and consecutive 4's will make quads (of course with a 4 on turn or river it's already at least trips).

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Close, but still not what I'm thinking.
Let me also give this hint. The draw hand to a flush or straight would be the nut of one or the other.

·
PMC General Counsel
2,436 Posts
Hole Cards: Any pair (AA for example)
Flop: Two of the same pair to give you quads (AA in this example)

B/c then all the cards left in the deck are your outs. It won't matter what card comes b/c you'll already have "Trips or better"

If that's not it, then my guess would be:
KQ suited, with JT suited on the flop

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If that's not it, then my guess would be:
KQ suited, with JT suited on the flop
Correct. How how many outs are there with in this scenario to make your hand?

·
PMC General Counsel
2,436 Posts
That gets complicated to count the outs. There are 8 outs to the straight, 9 to the flush, (simple so far) plus however many you want to count for the possibility of hitting runner/runner KK, QQ, JJ, or TT. I would estimate about 18 total.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Problem with that hand is that you can be beaten by trip aces. I thought the point was to figure out which starting and flop that would give you maximum outs but at the same time whatever out you hit would make you the winner over other hands.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Quads, the way I figured the 23 outs was the 9 to a flush, 8 to a straight, and 6 matching over cards to make your trip aces or trip queens for a total of 23 total outs to get you to trips or better.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is what I was thinking

Hole Cards Kd/Qd

FLOP 10d / Jd / rag

You have a total of 23 outs:

4 more Aces to make your nut straight
4 more 9's to make a straight
9 more diamonds for the flush
3 more Q's for trip Q's
3 more K's for tripK's

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quads said:
Here is what I was thinking

Hole Cards Kd/Qd

FLOP 10d / Jd / rag

You have a total of 23 outs:

4 more Aces to make your nut straight
4 more 9's to make a straight
9 more diamonds for the flush
3 more Q's for trip Q's
3 more K's for tripK's
You are double counting the A and 9 of diamonds (once in the straight calcs and once in the flush calcs)

I think it should read

3 aces to make the nut straight
3 nines to make a straight
9 diamonds to make a flush

I'm not sure that you can count 3 Q's and 3 Kings either, because you have to hit TWO of them. Outs generally are viewed as one card draws not two card combos.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I agree, and once again, if you hit your 3 kings, you can still be beaten by 3 aces. In my scenario, I don't think there is a way to be beaten no matter what out you hit.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I am only talking about if you hit your kings for the trips or better which was the criteria for the question.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts