Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daddy PM'd with with this idea to get this thread started about who is going to bag this tourney and take the cash.

There are a lot of people playing, so I think a poll would be a little hard, as well, I think you can only do 10 or so options / choices with a poll.

So, as a write in, I'll keep tally on this thread of who you write in for a cash and win in the tourney and who takes out the most people.

Reply:
My pick to win it is _______

My pick for the head bounty hunter is _____

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My pick to win it is :
1st pick: The Kid
2nd pick: BW

My pick for the head bounty hunter is:
Self (I've been drawing out on people lately and winning most every race I get in.)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Why don't you step it up a notch and put some odds against all the players and book it?

Get some side action going. Some of you guys are gamblers enough to make this rock. I know you don't know all of the players signed up, but I could help you with those guys.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My pick for winning the whole enchilada is: BK

and for the Bounty: Terminatrix (Just cuz I think she has secretly been in a hut in Tibet honing her poker skills wrapped in Yak skin with the elders....LOL!!) Where ya been sweetie?!?!?!?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Reply:
My pick to win it is _Me____ (why the hell else would I play??)

My pick for the head bounty hunter is Worm err Casper!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
IF you are gonna put odds on players, be sure to keep the betting pretty low - we wouldn't want there to be a situation where someone could stand to gain more by winning a side bet than by placing in the tourney.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think the whole idea behind this was "If you had to pick someone other than yourself....who would it be?" I would pick me as well....but we all know that's not gonna happen......hehehehee......

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
My pick for the head bounty hunter is _Worm_
As much as I respect Worm's game, I'd bet you a lot of money, that he won't take the Bounty trophy in this tourney. In fact, he won't even sniff the final table.

(Hint: He's not gonna be there.....)

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anybody going to bet on Worm? We now have 500:1 odds on Worm cashing in the toureny.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Wanna put your money where your mouth is? I will be running an optional pool (outside of the tourney entry fee of $50) if there is enough interest.

Entry Fee: $12 (read on for the reason that $12 is chosen instead of $10)

Rules:

1. A minimum of 10 people must enter or there is no action.

2. $6 will be entered into the pool for tourney winner, $6 will be enter for the bounty winner (i.e., the player who collects the most bounties.) That is, there are TWO SEPARATE POOLS.

3. You will pick 2 names (1 name for the tourney winner, 1 name for the bounty winner. You CANNOT choose yourself on either of the two, but your choice for each may be the same. However, if you yourself happen to win the tourney or the bounty hunting, you will win 50% of the respective pool. Basically, you won't get penalize by not being able to pick yourself in case you yourself win either tourney or bounty hunting since you have an inherent free roll on yourself. On the other hand, you don't get anything if you yourself finish 2nd or 3rd yourself. Also, any other player(s) who picked you to win will win the other 50% (or divided evenly if multiple players picked you.)

4. If your pick wins either pool you will rewarded 50% of the respective pool. If your pick doesn't win but finishes second you will get 1/3, and 3rd place will be paid 1/6.

5. If no player picked the right winner or win the pool himself/herself for either pool the 50% will be refunded. Similarly, the 2nd (1/3) or 3rd (1/6) pools will also be refunded if there is no winner.

6. In case of multiple picks for Win, 2nd, or 3rd that portion will be divided evenly.

For example:

Scenario 1:

Total entries: 15 (Players A thru Player O)

Total prize pool: $90 for tourney and $90 for bounty

Player A picks Player B for tourney winner and Player C for bounty winner.

Results:

Tourney / Bounty
Winner A / D
2nd B / F
3rd J / C

Player A will win $45 (50%) of the tourney pool by finishing first himself/herself, $30 (1/3) of the tourney pool for picking B and $15 (1/6) of the bounty pool for picking C.

If no one else picked Player A the 2nd place and 3rd place will be awarded if some picked F or J, respectively. If no one picked F or J unawarded pool will be refunded evenly.

Finally, since I don't expect 100% participation in this pool there is a possibility a non-entry person might win first place and missed out of the 50% payout on himself/herself. So, if you are confident of your ability you should enter this pool.

P.S. This is important. In order to avoid conflict of interest Hagar must insist that NO DEALS are allowed between players (i.e., the tourney must played out to the end so there is a clear cut winner, 2nd, and 3rd, etc.)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
...Hagar must insist that NO DEALS are allowed between players...
This I can't do. If we're sitting there at 3:00 in the morning because of your side pool, the players would hang me.

You could always stipulate that in the event of a deal, stack sizes at the time of the deal would determine the winner for purposes of your pool.

I personally have no interst in any "pick the winner" contests. IMO, 10 players have about 70% chance to win, 10 have about 50% chance and the rest of the field has about 30% chance to win. Too much luck involved in a tourney to count ANYBODY out or ANYBODY head and shoulders above. But, you guys can knock yourselves out so long as the results of your side games don't interfere with the integrity of the tourney.

Might just as well have a pool for which 3 players will draw the button to start....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Daddy said:
I think the whole idea behind this was "If you had to pick someone other than yourself....who would it be?"

Ok, Reviewing...Reviewing...Reviewing...

Nope. No rules about who could be picked until Ace spoke up.

Common Ace! Cant we get a Pete Rose rule here? (its ok to bet if you're betting on yourself!)

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Rob, you have an inherent pick on yourself since you will win 50% of the respective pool if you win either the tourney or bounty.

Hagar, I will allow deal making now so you won't have to stay up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Rob said:
Daddy said:
I think the whole idea behind this was "If you had to pick someone other than yourself....who would it be?"

Ok, Reviewing...Reviewing...Reviewing...

Nope. No rules about who could be picked until Ace spoke up.
Yer right....I think I mentioned it in the PM to Quads but I guess it really doesn't matter in the long run. Was just curious who would come out as the most popular pick of the group.

Ace: Vegas just called and they want a meeting with you....something about a nice little place (hole) in the desert.....hehehehee.......

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Since there seems to be interest in a side pool based on picking the winner, how about this:

Anyone interested in this kicks in $10 - winner take all.

Pick a 10 player "roster".
No need to rank, they are your team.

Players will get points based on their finish:

First:200 points
Second:100 points
Third/Fourth: 50 points
Fifth-Eigth: 25 Points
Ninth-20th: 10 points
21st - 33: 0 points

The person who's "roster" accumulates the most points wins the pool.

To eliminate any chance for insult or embarassment on your roster choices, there will be one guideline: Hagar will not be available for your roster (nor will he participate in the pool). You can submit your picks in confidence - only your point total will be revealed at the end. Only you and I will know what your picks are.

Kind of like a fantasy league except you could draft yourself if you like.

You MAY put yourself on the list. You don't have to pick the "winner" - obviously it's big help to do so - you just have to have the strongest roster overall.

In the event of a tie, we'll do a player by player ranking to break the tie (unless of course there are 2 identical rosters then the prize is split). Participant with the first higher finishing player will win. (Players with zero points will not figure into a tie breaker.)

Example: Bob and Joe both have the same point total.

Bob's pick's finished 1, 3, 6, 9, 14 (the rest out of the points) = 310 points
Joe's pick's finished 1, 3, 7, 8, 13 (the rest out of the points) = 310 points

Bob would win based on the third roster player's finish (6th vs. 7th).

Any interest? Email me your roster - all I need is 2 or more interested parties and it's on. Entires need to be in before the tourney starts, preferably the day before.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Although it is a fun idea, my opinion is that we have so much going already that let's just focus on the game at hand. You have set this thing up to be a great tourney with a shit load happening. Unless someone else takes on the total planning of it, I would say the day's plate is completely filled. That is JMO and everyone have fun with it if it flies, but I will most likely not be participating. I think the tourney, HHJP, and bounty are enough action for me.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I agree with Kahuna here... this tourney is filled to the brim with high hands, bounties, cash games, etc... there will be tons going on all day and a $10 player list might complicate things too much, and would force many players to stay till the end even if they bust out...

as much fun as it sounds, ill have to pass on the fantasy league thing... ill be dealing on top of everything else, so ill have too much to concentrate on. fun idea though!

-david

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
No problem (and I don't disagree with you guys). Just offering up an alternative method for side action.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Echo.
Let's shuffle up and deal the tourney-
If people want to do a side pot, so be it, but I think trying to organize a side pool adds more confusion and something else for someone to manage.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts