Wanna put your money where your mouth is? I will be running an optional pool (outside of the tourney entry fee of $50) if there is enough interest.
Entry Fee: $12 (read on for the reason that $12 is chosen instead of $10)
1. A minimum of 10 people must enter or there is no action.
2. $6 will be entered into the pool for tourney winner, $6 will be enter for the bounty winner (i.e., the player who collects the most bounties.) That is, there are TWO SEPARATE POOLS.
3. You will pick 2 names (1 name for the tourney winner, 1 name for the bounty winner. You CANNOT choose yourself on either of the two, but your choice for each may be the same. However, if you yourself happen to win the tourney or the bounty hunting, you will win 50% of the respective pool. Basically, you won't get penalize by not being able to pick yourself in case you yourself win either tourney or bounty hunting since you have an inherent free roll on yourself. On the other hand, you don't get anything if you yourself finish 2nd or 3rd yourself. Also, any other player(s) who picked you to win will win the other 50% (or divided evenly if multiple players picked you.)
4. If your pick wins either pool you will rewarded 50% of the respective pool. If your pick doesn't win but finishes second you will get 1/3, and 3rd place will be paid 1/6.
5. If no player picked the right winner or win the pool himself/herself for either pool the 50% will be refunded. Similarly, the 2nd (1/3) or 3rd (1/6) pools will also be refunded if there is no winner.
6. In case of multiple picks for Win, 2nd, or 3rd that portion will be divided evenly.
Total entries: 15 (Players A thru Player O)
Total prize pool: $90 for tourney and $90 for bounty
Player A picks Player B for tourney winner and Player C for bounty winner.
Tourney / Bounty
Winner A / D
2nd B / F
3rd J / C
Player A will win $45 (50%) of the tourney pool by finishing first himself/herself, $30 (1/3) of the tourney pool for picking B and $15 (1/6) of the bounty pool for picking C.
If no one else picked Player A the 2nd place and 3rd place will be awarded if some picked F or J, respectively. If no one picked F or J unawarded pool will be refunded evenly.
Finally, since I don't expect 100% participation in this pool there is a possibility a non-entry person might win first place and missed out of the 50% payout on himself/herself. So, if you are confident of your ability you should enter this pool.
P.S. This is important. In order to avoid conflict of interest Hagar must insist that NO DEALS are allowed between players (i.e., the tourney must played out to the end so there is a clear cut winner, 2nd, and 3rd, etc.)