Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking around here for some time and since have gotten the needed inspiration to turn our bonus room in the basement to a mini cave. I had a finished 12x14 room to start with. Here is a couple pics of the final product i will try to get some of the transformation up soon. The bar top was hand painted and finished with bartop epoxy.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
That's a bad ass UK table. I assume you made it yourself?
Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea made it myself.. I had seen a couple of beer pong tables in college made of basketball courts and figured how better make a UK room than with Rupp Arena as the bar top.

here is the process of the bar top.. lots of tape time... and beer to aid in watching the paint dry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you sir.. this place gave me the vision that i too could have a cave and deffinately glad to be part of the forum.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Beautiful table! Now put some scaled down hoops at the ends and you'll have an interesting game of beer pong. First one to 30, 3 points at a time!

:D

For the lines, did you simply cut the tape while on the wood? If so, did you not mind the cuts in the wood because you knew you'd fill with epoxy?

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Good too see we're finally get some more people on this forum with good taste in teams :D

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
LET'S GO WILDCATS!!!!!!

Sweet table!! I'm a die hard Cats fan. I'm a Kentucky transplant living in Nashville,TN. I went to college at UK for a couple of years (94-96). However, when your blood alcohol level is higher than your GPA UK will kick you out, who knew.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the input. I am a huge kentucky fan born and raised here. The bartop took a lot of time but it is one of a kind. With this being our best season in probably 8 years i figured it was time well spent. once again thanks for all the feedback

·
Registered
12 Posts
WOW! I am amazed!

Although lots of the guys here have LOTS and LOTS of room. . .you and I seem to have some limitations when it comes to space. . .but I like what you have done!

You have given me some WONDERFUL ideas! Thanks!

STEVE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts