Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Badministrator
42,732 Posts
(personally) I don't care for a big blind and a small blind being the same amount. It isn't then a BIG blind and a little blind. They are then simply blinds. This takes away from people raising thier blinds, or the action that is created between the blinds and the rest of the table.

I played BIG Kahuna's game on Friday with the .50/$1 blinds and I thought it worked well. Why change it? It works. But again, as BIG Kahuna pointed out, to each host, his (or her) own. What ever the host sets for the stakes is the structure. There is no "standard" so to speak. I've toyed with a few different structures in the past 1/2 dozen games with $1/2, $2/5 $1/2 and a $5 bring in, $2/4, etc. etc. etc.

I also would question if making Aces point of the blinds being the same would increase the speed of play by 3%. I can only figure that it would increase it maybe 2%, maybe on the outstretch, 2.5% :p

If there were any change to it, to get rid of the smaller (25 or fiddy cent) chips, would be to make the blinds $1/2, however if you are playing straight up on a cash game, that would be a little steep of a blind for a $50 buy in. Or, like Hag's said, get a chip to support the structure.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts