Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had the opportunity of a lifetime yesterday - i was Justin Schultz's photographer for his day with the cup! i know his family and after the cup win i asked what his plans were for 'his day'. one thing lead to another and i was asked if i'd like to be his photographer... ummmm - YES!!!

i'm really not going to go into any details of what went on becuz it was his day and lots of the stuff was private family stuff. the public stuff is easily found with google.

i will share a few pics....

probably the pic i wanted more than anything else...

[/url]IMG_8453 by bc-chris[/IMG]

***oh... i will say that i might have rotated the cup at few times when people weren't paying too close attention so the flames plate was facing out

hanging out at kelowna golf and country club
[/url]IMG_7941 by bc-chris[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_7991 by bc-chris[/IMG]

jordan was soooo shy and justin did everything he could to try and get her to come closer

[/url]IMG_8600 by bc-chris[/IMG]

matthew was just not in the mood for celebrating. he doesn't like large gatherings with strangers. i was hoping to get him into a flames onesie, but he was having none of it!

[/url]IMG_8606 by bc-chris[/IMG]

got to take a drink

[/url]IMG_8674 by bc-chris[/IMG]

DELICIOUS!!!!

[/url]IMG_8683 by bc-chris[/IMG]

the cup guy wouldn't let us 'common folk' hoist the cup by ourselves (i'm guessing liability... both for the cup and the hoister)

[/url]IMG_9469 by bc-chris[/IMG]

and then the good lord called , "SHOTGUN!"

[/url]IMG_9434 by bc-chris[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_9431 by bc-chris[/IMG]

i was really hoping to get a pic of the cup in my games room, and it was in the plans, but one of the final things before the party at justin's house ran long and we ran out of time - oh well - it was still an AWESOME once in a lifetime day!

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
How awesome!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I had the pleasure of getting to hang with the Cup at my neighbour's house when Kirk Maltby won it some years back. Very cool experience to say the least.

·
Registered
14,816 Posts
Fucking AWESOME!

T

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Wow!!! FreakIn awesome Chris! We were drivin through Kelowna yesterday afternoon enroute to Vernon. Hit 40°!!! Sitting on paddle wheel park beach on Okanagan Lake right now.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys!

nice stuff Dave - yea, it's been a little warm this week!!! i just want to say that i was hoping to get a photo for you like the flames engraving ....but yea... well... you know!!! ha! ha! ....sorry.... couldn't help it!!

i did get a pic of the '67 leafs engraving and i'm going to send it to a couple buddies of mine, but first i'm going to convert it to black and white.... you know, i think it should be 'period correct'!! ha! ha!

one thing someone asked me after the fact was if i got a pencil rubbing of any of the engraving on the cup. i'm soooo choked i didn't think of that becuz that would have been an awesome addition to the games room. oh well... pens just gotta win it again next year and i'll get my chance! ha!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Hey Chris, do you mind if I cross post your thread and pictures with a local forum I'm on? Has a huge bunch of Flames fans that would love to see what you got to experience.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Chris, do you mind if I cross post your thread and pictures with a local forum I'm on? Has a huge bunch of Flames fans that would love to see what you got to experience.
no problem at all

do you know http://forum.calgarypuck.com/index.php

i've been on that forum for quite a while - the gang over there thought it was pretty cool

·
Master of Pr0n
3,021 Posts
When the Dallas Stars won I was at a party at Dimebag Darrell's (Pantera) house and watched it thrown out of a 2nd floor balcony into a pool. I saw some crazy thing that night done to the cup. If I remember right it was dented from that throw to the pool.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I thought it was Vinnie Paul's place. ...legend had it that Guy Carboneau was the balcony tosser.

Classic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts