Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined not too long ago and figured I would share pictures of the basement. I bought the house in 2009 and have worked on the mancave little by little:

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
I'm not a betting man but I'll put all my chips on Quads, Wedge, DD, Slev, etc. stopping by in the next day hour or 2.

Welcome and thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Looks awesome, where are you at? It is pretty rare for some one who says they are from Detroit to actually live in Detroit!

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Great cave...really like the bar top! We need to get a poker table in there ASAP. What time is the party?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys!
In St. Clair Shores. I actually built the bowling alley out of scraps I had left from the bar and walls. Nothing special to say the least but I have plenty of pictures and memorabilia to dress it up. Everything was done a tight budget. Picture frames were from the dollar store, I did the walls with drywall given to me and some paneling from Home Cheapo. The bartop has no trim and I hand painted an 1889 map of downtown on it for a conversation piece. I actually have my brother's blackjack table set up down there, so people can play cards when they're over. I only get to entertain a couple times a year because of my schedule, but we throw a big Christmas party every year so that's a big to-do for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is a picture of the back of the bowling alley:

The pins are from Linds bowling and are half-scle. The lane is 22' long.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Now that looks like a really cool place to hang out and drink a few beers, nicely done. Love the mini-bowling alley and the wall cut-outs for the liquor behind the bar.

·
Super Moderator
8,420 Posts
SCS? Cool. An east-sider. Sign me up for the next game.

We used to love playing the mini-bowling at the ESPNZone in Vegas back in the day.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
LOVE the bar top!

Seriously, where do you live and what time is the next poker/bowling game?
You heard 'em. When's the next game?
I'm 20 minutes away.

Would love details on the bar. Taped and hand painted?
Was the street name / lettering done by hand, or are those vinyl?

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I taped the streets themselves and did the red background first with a roller. Then I taped the red and brushed the orange. Then I hand wrote the street names and used a ruler to do the borders in paint marker. I urethaned everything after that. Don't get me wrong, the bar top is not perfectly smooth. It has texture becuase of the different thicknes between colors.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts