Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my first race over the weekend. Finished last in my class (17 of 17) and it was all due to this horrible first lap in the video. It's an hour long race and you do usually 3 laps (must start final lap under the 1 hour mark) I finished 2 laps. Well my first one took 41 minutes! 2nd was much improved at 29. For reference my buddy averaged about a 24 minutes a lap and finished 6th. Leader about a 21.

I think nerves and Adrenalin got the best of me on the first fall early. then the complete fail trying to get up the hill later took all my energy and it took me awhile to recoup.

All in all though I had a great time and for sure will do it again when the next race in June comes around.

May 9th 2015, MDR Oak Lake. lap 1 of my first race ever. - YouTube

Fails/falls in the description of the video for quick reference. Plenty in this one.

2:35
14:40
27:20
30:25

·
R.I.P.
2,195 Posts
Looks like a great race.I would much rathor do that than a short corse.It does tak a lot out of you.I take my friends kids 13 & 15 and i keep up if not kick their but but i dont last as long.The 1 time i went to a short race track i did about 10 laps and i was beat and sore for 3 days.Great job.Glad you didnt get hurt.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2nd race in the books. All in all it went better but was a much harder and longer lap. Heat was getting the best of me. The good and the bad are in the you tube description.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR_oLdEjcsY?list=PLUGOyUWfC8FkZ0dhPOJHHfl3LStNw9U6A"]June 7 2015, MDR Melita Lap 1 - YouTube

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Great video! The only thing that would make it better is if this was shakey dumping it all the time.

Srsly though, congratulations on having the stones to do this. I know a lot of guys, which different kinds of activities, who say, "I would love to do that!" but then never do cuz deep down they're too scared.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great video! The only thing that would make it better is if this was shakey dumping it all the time.

Srsly though, congratulations on having the stones to do this. I know a lot of guys, which different kinds of activities, who say, "I would love to do that!" but then never do cuz deep down they're too scared.
Thanks, Having a good buddy who has been going to these races off and on definitely helped in getting out to them.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts