Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got up early enough to get over to then Derby to play in their Saturday $40 buyin tourney. Got seated in a 4/8 game while waiting for sign-ups to begin. Bought in for a rack and in no time I was almost down to the felt. But then a switch was flipped and the cards starting falling my way.... AK where I flopped trip Kings, JJ that held up all the way through the river and then AA that also held up through the river. By the time the tourney was ready to begin I looked down at my chip stack and found that I had 3 1/2 racks in front of me.

On to the tournament hoping that my rush of cards was not over. They started the tournament with about 70 people. I played pretty tight in the early going and was able to win a few pots to increase my chip stack. As the tables broke up I was moved to a table with about 14000 in my stack and I was a middle stack at this table. This table played a lot tighter than my previous table so after getting a few good hands I decided to test the water and made some plays at some pots when in position and was able to steal some blinds and limpers by going over the top.

Pretty soon we were down to ten players and I was at the final table. It looked like I had the 2nd or 3rd stack at the table so I waited to see how this table played and let the smaller stacks hopefully bust out. On a side note one player came to the table with just two chips ($2000) and built his sack to about $15000. He ended up busting out in 5th place.

Don't remember many specifics about the hands but this table also tightened up as the smallers stacks busted out. Tried a few bluffs at some pots which for the most part worked. Got caught twice with my hand in the cookie jar that dwindled my stack but not to much to make me desperate.

Down to 4 players and the option of chopping the pot is mentioned by the player with the 4th chip stack. No takers and we played on... and then we were down to two. Me and the chip leader. We started swappping blinds (4000/8000) for about the first 5 hands. It seemed we got dealt naked Aces for three hands in a row and swapped some modest pots by out kings the other by one card... I ended coming out of those hands with a slight chip lead.

The next hand I looked down and time I had AT off suit in the small blind... I hestitate for a moment and then bet double the big blind. He takes the bait and moves over the top of me and goes all-in... I pause then call... he turns over A3 off... the flop comes T8x and I have him dominated ... the turn brings a blank and he rivers a 3 but too little too late and I pocket almost a grand. Great day at the Derby and I learned a little more about my game and the value of patience in tournament.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Good job Mike. Another winner for BYOC! We are turning into an all-star team. Maybe some of us should break off and stop playing with each other.

·
Registered
686 Posts
good job man! i think it would be great if we got as many BYOCers together as we could, and all register for the same tournament... maybe 10 of us or more... I'd put money on at least a couple of us all being in the final table... i mean, at tuesdays tourney me, heat, and worm all made to the final table, and we were the only 3 BYOCers there... just a thought... seems like we have some really strong players in the group!

-DAvid

·
Registered
732 Posts
Good job ghost. I will be there this Saturday for the tourney so I hope to see you there to collect the bounty on your head.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great work Ghost. That's the way to represent BYOC!!

Worm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts