Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Hope everyone had fun at Hagar's Omaha School last night. I went through my $50 rather quickly, and decided that I wasn't feeling Omaha that night. I was still itching to play some cards, though, so I decided to head over to Derby to check out the action...

Got there around 10:30 or so and got seated pretty quickly. Play the 4/8 table for about an hour, and I'm down a rack. Everyone there is playing loose and horrible, but people are catching cards, nevertheless. I move to seat 4 (my favorite, BTW), and start to catch some good cards. I'm only down abour $20 at this point, look down to see AK of diamonds in early position. I raise, 3 callers. Flop comes an amazing JQ7 all diamonds! So I've flopped the nuts... lets see if anyone bets this crap. I check, checked around. Turn is a rag. I check, guy next to me bets, 1 caller and I call.... RIVER IS A 10 of DIAMONDS! Ok so I've got my first royal flush ever... of course people are all joking about it, "ooh the royals out there". I bet it, next guy calls, and other one folds... before I show my hand I peek over at the board, half-expecting to see $100 bonus... NOPE it's $550 baby! I should out, Royal Flush! and turn my nuts over. Sweet! $50 pot and $550 royal. $40 to the dealer for the nice river and I've made a nice pull tonight... but it's not over!

Soon after I take the main 4/8 game. Sit in seat 5, and it's all open road from here. I can't miss a board! I'm not even playing bad cards (some marginal ones like 98s in early position), but I'll limp with 66, flop is 622, I'm in the BB with A5o, flop is 55J, turn is a 5 :shock: and I'm still getting action.

My top pairs are holding, my flushes come with 5 players in the pot. I can't believe it! I'm tired, but can't really quit when I'm hitting like this.

About 3:00am or so things start cooling off. Players are getting tired, action is dying down and my cards are just back to normal. I look down and I have $980 in front of me. Holy CRAP. That's a lot of scratch for a 4/8 game. I cash out a monster, head home, and sleep off the euphoria.

Hope the rest of the Omaha night went well. It's weird how runs happen out of the blue like that. I'd go play 9/18 and test my luck, but I have to go to Chico to see friends in an hour... wonder if there's a card room there lol. See ya guys around!

-David "the kid"

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Nicely done.
The night of Omaha was a great one. I really enjoyed it, my self. I could tell that you weren't feelign a lotta love when you burnt through your rebuy, but you sure know how to bounce back!

That is DOPE that you got the RF and the 5 Franklins!
I've hit a lot of hands, even a couple of SF's, but never a Royal.

Nicely done and way to go!

(that's basically a FREE ROLL into two of the tourneys in Reno)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Sweet! What a coincedence - $980 is baout the charge of your chair renting space in mny garage all weekend! :wink:

Glad tyo hear you were able to find something that was working for you on Friday - the Omaha just wasn't working for you.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol thanks for the support guys, and Quads I am very down for playing a tourney or 2 in Reno... looks like those Hilton ones are coming up... I forsee another road trip in our future, but this time w/o the bad beats and mediocre food. Let me know.

Hagar, yeah I realized I forgot my chair when I hit Sunrise and 80. Too late then, I figured... It'd be great if you could hold it and bring it to the next game. Lunch is on me! $980, though, seems a little steep for a $10 chair lol! I'm sure you know which one it is.. ugly, kinda tan colored and not very comfortable. Just throw it where it's most out of the way, and thanks again for hosting!

-David "the kid"

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I actually have 2 of your chairs now. Daddy gave me some crappy looking brown chair that he said you left at his place when he was in Elk Grove. I'll get them to you next time we meet up.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2, eh??? Not sure about that... the only chair I've ever really had is my tan metal one... but hey, I'll take another chair! Or just stamp it BYOC and make it a back-up. Either way, thanks for holding em' for me... I'll be sure to get them next time we all play.

-David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts