Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Keurig for about a month now and have already registered my machine within Keurig.com to receive the buy 2 boxes get 2 free deal. Does anyone have any favorite places to buy their coffee or get coupons to do so? Also what are your Favorite flavors?

I like.

Original Donut Shop Extra Bold
Green Mountain Breakfast Blend
Gloria Jean’s Butter Toffee (for change of pace)

I also got the REV coffee. Not the best tasting (kind of bitter) but gives you a nice jolt when needed.

·
Super Moderator
5,803 Posts
Emeril's Big Easy Bold. FTMFW!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Kona Extra Bold, Tully's french roast, and I'm trying out a Sumatra right now but can't remember the brand. Love that fricking Keurig!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
We got one for Xmas, not sure of the brands/flavors, as the wiff drinks cider, tea, hot cocoa and flavored shit. I stick to decaf. Pretty sure we'll buy though Kohls, as we always have 30% off coupons, and their stuff is always on sale.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't have a Kohls here (at least I don't think we do). I'm thinking it’s a product you can stockpile when on sale and never really have to pay full price for. But I'm lovely the convenience on this thing!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I got one for Christmas as well. I'm going through the sample pack that came with it. I like Emirl's and the Tuffy's french roast.

·
PMC General Counsel
2,436 Posts
Got one for Xmas as well. We love the ease of it, but most the coffee flavors taste the same to me. I guess when you put 2 tbsp of sugar and 1/4 cup creamer in, it all starts to taste similar.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Got one for Xmas as well. We love the ease of it, but most the coffee flavors taste the same to me. I guess when you put 2 tbsp of sugar and 1/4 cup creamer in, it all starts to taste similar.

Well we have something in common after all (besides living off our wives!)

Aloha, Pete

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
I just can't get over the price of the coffee for these things.
They'll give you the machine for free so long as you buy coffee for them.
Almost as bad as Harley Davidson and aftermarket / dress / chrome / billet parts.

·
Registered
171 Posts
So far I've been able to find the coffee for about 50 cents per cup... much cheaper than the gas station (or $tarbucks!!), and the ease, convenience, and clean-up is worth some money.

Further, I've had no problem getting 2 cups of coffee out of a single K-cup, so that brings it to 25 cents/cup.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya instead of stopping at Timmies each am and dropping 3 bucks on coffee each day I've filled my travel mug up and headed to work at a savings of 2.50 or so a day. Takes me less time and hassle than going to the drive thru. Now if I was to drink more than 1 or 2 cups a day at home I don't think a Keurig is a good idea.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Had to bump this old thread to tell a story. The future wife wanted a Keurig and bought it from Costco for around $180, which I thought was a ridiculous price to pay when we have normal coffee makers doing nothing but take up space. But it came with 90 coffee packs which would have cost $50-$60 themselves and now I love the thing. After about a month it started leaking a bit. So we took it back to Costco, no problems on the exchange, got a new machine and another 90 coffee packs.

Skip ahead a few months and we're arguing over if we should buy more boxes of packs or use the grounds and reusable filter, when it stops brewing the largest size. So back it goes to Costco, and here we are with a new machine and a full stock of coffee. Small victories feel good in life.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
From what I've heard,that reusable screen filter workslike crap because the water isn't forced through the coffee as much as it pours out the sides. I'm gonna get me one of these things...

Reuse Your Keurig K-Cups! - My-Kap for Keurig K-Cups

Also, I think that Green Mountain stuff tastes like ass (And not Megan Fox kinda ass), I really like the Newman's own stuff though, best I've tried thus far.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
I just buy the big ass box of Caribou Coffee k-cups at Sams Club. 80 kcup for $33 I think....the My K-Cup I use for folgers when the family is over. They don't know the difference.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Green Mountain Extra bold varity pack for when I do 1 large and 1 small for my travel mug. And Coffee Shop for a reg cup. Thing is working like a charm.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

Big news up here in New England. Dunkin Donuts K-cups coming out this summer. Wifey cannot wait, she has me on a search for the exact date so she can stock up off the get-go.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts