1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Copag baby!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BK...Do you actually prefer Copag over Kem, or you just happen to have bought some Copag lately?

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
KEM is back in business and back into production mode.
However eveyone brings up a good point, Copags are very nice as well and well worth the monay, just as KEM's.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Copag is what I will be buying from now on. Half the price and the same quality.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Like I said, if you take care of the plastic cards they last a long time. So BK you don't need to worry about replacements for a while. I think Hagar had some maintenance tips on a post awhile back.

·
Banned.
3,231 Posts
Another vote for Copags. I typed up some extensive thoughts about these cards on another forum - so I'll copy/paste it here cuz I'm lazy :p

I have had my KEM's for a long time - damn near a year. They have seen hundreds of tourneys already, and are still in 99% good shape.

I have also used Copags. They are an awesome alternative to KEM's. However (yah, there IS a however) there are a couple things that bug me about Copags. First, the colors are very 'muted' - almost like they have too much tint. Not a big deal - just an observation. Second, my round poker table was built using pool table felt. It's not as smooth as velveteen, and the cards are showing some 'wear' on the faces. It's like the ink is being worn off. Again, not a big deal, but just something I've noticed. Finally, and probably the most disheartening, is the fact that you can't buy replacement singles. I have a 5 of clubs that has a crease (for lack of a better word) in it. Seems foolish for me to have to buy a whole new set for 1 card

Now for the good stuff about Copags. First, they are an AWESOME value. We have used them for about the past 5 months, and they are still as slick as they were when we first bought them. They shuffle very well, and are very easy to clean. Next, they offer some designs that are unique. I find this to be very cool - I tend to stray from the norm whenever possible. Finally, the texture on them is awesome. I have played with some other brands of "all plastic" cards that just completely SUCK. The Copags will shuffle and deal the last hand of a 12 hour poker binge just as well as they did the first hand.

Well, these are my experiences. I will say that the positives FAR outweigh the negatives, and I will definately purchase more Copags in the future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts