The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me from all the posting that all the BYOCers are kicking butts at varies tourneys and cash games in the card rooms around town. I have two theories:

1. BYOCers, by and large, are great players compared to the hoi pollo.

2. BYOCers, with the exception of Hagar, only report wins but not losses. (Hagar loves to vent about fishes who seem to draw out on him [sure, these kind of scenarios never happened to us]. I think it is kind of a cheap therapy for him posting those bad beat stories).

Let's stop hurting each other on our home games. Could we all just get along?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
I think it is kind of a cheap therapy for him posting those bad beat stories.
Absolutley. That's about 90% of the point of my "suckout/babdbeat" rants. I know that nobody else really cares that my BR got chewed, screwed, tattoed and bar-b-qued by a bunch of little fishies making bad decisions and coming out ahead anyway. The other 10% is hoping that someone can learn something from a bad decision I may have made.

"All-Stars" may be a little strong, but I think, that we have a very strong group of players and that by playing each other regularly, our games are stronger yet. Obviously, we're not the only players with skill in town, but I don't remember many times when I sat down at any public table and was real concerned about somebody being "better" than me. There are a couple players I'll keep close watch on, but the biggest battle seems to be against rake and luck in the public games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just remember: the better player (presuming has the better hand majority of the times), will get sucked out on. Of course, a lot of the times the player who is a dog has enough odds to chase. So if you are sitting in a school (of fishes) one or two of them are calling with the correct odds in a loose game with a big pot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
686 Posts
Lol, yeah... too many fishes calling, and their bad calls actually become proper calls (not that they are even aware of pot odds and the such...)

Overall, I think that most of us BYOCers are probably above par for the Sacramento area... All-star would be pushing it, as I'm sure we'd all get creamed and cleaned at a higher limit game involving "professional" players, but we aren't all that bad! I know that I, as well as many others, seem to hold their own at both table games and tournies. This is not to say that I have my bad days... actually I lost $400 last week... guess I just don't relish my losses as much unless there is something interesting to report... no one wants to listen to my bad calls or cold days (hey, we all have em).

My $0.02

-David "kid"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Obviously losing sessions go hand in hand but it seems like our group is on a streak in live and online right now.

I took down another FTP tourney. This was $20+1 with 18 players. Much tougher competition this time. Came in 1st and it paid $144. Wish this damn site would start getting hand histories etc. so I can post some stats here. I will do a screenshot next time.

I am pretty stoked because I have run my $50 deposit up to $450 in about 3 weeks with mostly tournies. We'll see if I can sustain.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top