Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Looks great. I just want to see the post grilling food pics!
But of course! :D I plan on putting one of these on it for me tonight:

So is that their IR or jsut their regular grill?
Regular gasser w/ a rear IR burner for rotisserie.This is basically my grill except for the IR sear burner (on the left of the cooking surface).

If all this didn't make you hungry, you have problems.

·
Registered
7,188 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
It's cold here in the Hawkeye state, probably much like it is everywhere as winter won't go away, so I left the grill in the garage and decided to grill out there w/ the garage door open. I fired up the grill for the first time last night. Here's a video of how the Blaze ignites. Each burner has it's own (piezon?) ignitor which is pretty cool coming from my 10+ year old Weber. Sorry for my poor video skillz.

The video was taken after I was done grilling because I forgot to do this prior to the meat going on the grill:

I called Blaze to see if there was any kind of break-in or seasoning I should do before cooking on the grill, and they said to just run it on high for a good 30 minutes. So I did, and then put some burgers on with all the burners still on high. You can see from the first burger I put on that they're already browning up in the few seconds they're on the grill - my daughter says she can already smell them. And they smelled GOOOOD.

After a couple minutes I wanted to see if the burgers were ready to flip or not (I didn't know how fast this thing cooked). The first two were ready, but not the others. Nice grill marks, and the flare ups, while the grill was still on high, were noticeable, but very

I turned the burgers to low, and next to go on was my ribeye steak. I wanted a bone-in ribeye, but they didn't have any yet (seasonal steak?). I salt and peppered it up and threw it on the grill (my daughters butterflied pork chop is there on the left side).

I left the steak untouched for a couple minutes, and then turned it a quarter turn to try and get the diamond hashmarks and left it alone for about three more minutes.

After that I put the chop and burgers over on the other side (right side) and turned the far right burner off - they were just about done, but the steak was still moo'ing too much for my likes. After a couple more minutes I pulled the burgers and chop off, left my steak on for about two more minutes and then pulled that off and tented it w/ foil. The grill went back on high took cook off the drippings.

The results were great! Burgers were a nice medium-well, the pork chop was very juicy, and the steak, well look for yourself. A very nice medium red. Best steak I've have in a good while!

I cleaned up after dinner then went to check the grill to see how it cleaned itself up. It was about like any other grill in that most of the grease/pieces of meat had disintegrated, but it could use a wire brushing. I let the grill cool, and then examined it a bit further. The grates looked okay after one use, and flame tamers looked great! All drippings had disintegrated and I could have lightly brushed them too, but I think this will only need to be done after every five or so times I grill.

Then I pulled out the grease tray (Blaze recommends this to be cleaned after each use), and I was a little surprised at how much grease was in there. Especially because there weren't many flare-ups.

To the Blaze's defense, though, I never ever checked my Weber Genesis' grease trap after a season of grilling let alone one use. I brought it into the kitchen and wiped the grease out with a paper towel, and used soap and water to clean the rest. It cleaned up easily and looks as good as before I grilled.

All-in-all I'm happy - more than happy! I love the size, the way it cooks, the way it cleaned up. It's going to be a great grill, and if I keep up on keeping it clean, it should last me at least 15 years I'm hoping.

Let me know if you have any questions. It's really hard to find many reviews on these Blaze grills at the moment.

EDIT: I have no idea why this post is formatted weirdly. I've checked it and checked it, and I can see nothing wrong in the text of the post to make it hyperlink and not be left-justified. Any help? :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a gas grill, that I settle for as true with all of the board in this it’s your choice. If I might find it irresistible fast, my steaks on the gas grill are awful and unable to eat, and expressing my abdomen if I grill steaks on gas grill slow and steady it would fancy obtaining the coals going.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts