Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow...It's been quiet in here this week...Guess I'll plug the Reno trip. Only people that I know are going right now are:

Myself & Hagar (bunking up)
Quads (getting his own room, presumably for he & Mrs Quads)
Robert Tadlock (getting his own room)
Alexis & Richard (I think Richard is only a maybe)

The Warbucks are maybes (but "probably nots" last time I checked).

I'm doing this from memory because I'm not at home where I have all the responses that I received, but are there any other RSVPs out there???

Kinda disappointing if that's the extent of the group travellers...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You're forgetting - it's not Thursday the Oct 28th yet. Nobody makes any decisions until the last minute around here......

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Well, I'm planning on taking money home with me, but if mean what am I planning on risking, probably only $400-$500. I don't have deep pockets like some of the guys around here.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well, I'm planning on taking money home with me, but if mean what am I planning on risking, probably only $400-$500. I don't have deep pockets like some of the guys around here.
Geeze. I wouldnt be having any fun if I lost more than a couple hundred or so. Deep pockets indeed. :roll:

My wife and I want to go. Our committments tend to be tied to an available babysitter though, so we'll be confirming a little closer to the actual date.

Rob

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Geeze. I wouldnt be having any fun if I lost more than a couple hundred or so.
Of course it wouldn't be fun, but you gotta have enough to be able to handle a rough stretch of cards or 2. It's not hard to drop $100 in an hour at a 3/6 table (don't ask me how I know), and the possibility exists that 4/8 may be the lowest stakes available.

I'm figuring a couple hundred per night is enough to play for a while and if I drop that much in one seating, I'll be tilting too much want to play anymore that night anyway.

·
Registered
732 Posts
It seems like a better investment to use that couple hundred is to enter a WSOP satellite.........there just so happens to be a BYOC satellite coming soon.....what a coincidence.

Just busting your balls Hagar.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hey- if I have a good enough weekend in Reno, I won't have to worry about any tournaments to get to the WSOP! :wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
We're planning to go - and to spend equal time at the craps tables. Hopefully I can make enough money on a hot roll there to play some poker while Richard is sleeping!

·
PMC General Counsel
2,436 Posts
FYI.....Heather and I are planning on going too. I tried booking rooms but they were $90 a night on the eldo website, not $68 like i had heard. Am I a dufus for waiting too long?
We may just stay at harrahs b/c its comped...
I'm bringing a little bankroll, but I figure if we need more dough, then the Black Widow won't might pawning her engagement ring, right???

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got it for 68. That's the rate if you book online. If you call you'll get a higher price. If you tried to do this online & got a higher price, then yup you waited too long. :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
...and to spend equal time at the craps tables...
Craps? I'll tell you what, give me half of what you're going to put on the craps table, we'll go out back and I'll kick you in the....head, and we can call it even..........

Save you a lot of money and a little time....

·
PMC General Counsel
2,436 Posts
The black widow and I are no longer planning on attending the Reno Trip. We had something important come up that weekend. Good luck to any of you that end up going !!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Sure. I'm staying at Fitzgeralds, but kind of planned on wandering down to the Eldo at some point to hook up with ya, unless, of course, I'm just destroying the game.

Yeah right. (I sure hope I get out of this limit funk I'm in right now on-line..... :( )

·
Registered
27 Posts
BYOC'ers
I'll be in Boomtown this weekend and would like to meet any of who will be in Reno. I'm staying in Boomtown and playing in their small Friday night tourney at 7P, but we always somehow end up in Reno.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Well, there will be a whopping 2 of us up there. Robert's staying at the Eldo and I'm staying at Fitz's. We may hook up, we may not - just depends on how things work out.

Seeing as we don't know what YOU look like, it could be a slight challenge looking out for you, but it would be cool to hook up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts