Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Property Wood Floor Flooring Wood stain

DVR in place, storage shelf for manuals, cables, power supply, etc.
Cabinetry Furniture Shelf Drawer Bookcase

Hole specifically placed to show the lights from the DVR when the power is on, and to use to slide open the door. There are holes on the side of the box where the fan and vents are for the DVR as well.
Brown Rectangle Wood Wood stain Plank

I had to use a dome cam for the overhead, the little cameras I used for the hole card cams didn't have enough resolution to be able to pick up the card values clearly enough on the video. This one is really clear.
Wood Electricity Line Gas Electrical wiring

I used the other 3 small cams I had and placed them on the ceiling around the table to get views of the players to use. So all the cameras are in place and wired up (a total of 14 cameras). Now to have a game on it...

·
Super Moderator
8,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Finally hosted an event with the new table. See the link below for the results!

A few things learned:
  • I'm guessing I spent about 40 hours producing a 27 minute video.
  • Several hours of that were spent troubleshooting one-time issues such as driver updates and the like
  • I'm no commentator, Lon and Norman have nothing to worry about
  • You'll notice date/time stamps in the video. This proved to be a life saver! Without them, it would have been nearly impossible to sync up all the videos (14 cameras) to get the right info at the right times. At least not without expensive hardware and software capable of running and editing 14 feeds all at the same time.
  • I expect the process to get a little faster with more experience. The learning curve for the video editing software, while not outrageous, was still significant. And there is far more I can still learn about it.
  • Overall, it wasn't difficult, just a little time consuming. Hopefully the players enjoy it.

·
Super Moderator
8,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Very very VERY nice.

DT Holder
Vice President - Josh Farler Foundation
Welcome, DT! This used to be a real active forum. Unfortunately, there are only a handful of us die-hards left around here.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts