Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

Hash Marks on everything

1K views 46 replies 25 participants last post by  Doctor_XXX 
#1 ·
Why? Can someone please explain to me what they're used for?
And for whys? Have I completely missed the boat on this. Did Twitter start them?

Maybe if I understand them, I can better explain why I think you're a #douche when you use them everywhere.

#3 ·
OK. great. Still fucking ghey.
What's the diff. between saying:
I'm getting a #blowjob at the #whorehouse
versus
I'm getting a blowjob at the whorehouse.

One links to "blowjob" and "whorehouse". Because we don't know what those are and we need an external link for it?

Here... social media / hash mark ****:

#

#5 ·
I am no expert... but I imagine they have algorithms that put the "tagged" terms higher in the search food chain and use it for their trending algorithm. Either that or they parse out the tagged terms and enter those into seperate DB tables for faster searching. Either way #itdoesntbothermetoseetaggedwordslikethat. just the world we live in today :)

#26 ·
And now we have the ##fucking hash tags everywhere. They're even at the bottom of each page. #dumb

#28 ·
Timely....

I was driving this morning and flipped the radio dial over to Power 106, the local LA hip Hop station...

The morning crew was literally (not figuratively) talking like this... while discussing something really stupid. I was just sitting there at a stoplight staring at the car stereo with a really disgusted look on my face. They weren't doing it in a joking manner, this was damn close to the type of discussion they were having... slightly overblown, but really quite close.

Terrible thing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.