Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why? Can someone please explain to me what they're used for?
And for whys? Have I completely missed the boat on this. Did Twitter start them?

Maybe if I understand them, I can better explain why I think you're a #douche when you use them everywhere.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK. great. Still fucking ghey.
What's the diff. between saying:
I'm getting a #blowjob at the #whorehouse
versus
I'm getting a blowjob at the whorehouse.

One links to "blowjob" and "whorehouse". Because we don't know what those are and we need an external link for it?

Here... social media / hash mark ****:

#

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
isn't it Twitters way of "tagging" a word or phrase as being available for tracking or searching?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
isn't it Twitters way of "tagging" a word or phrase as being available for tracking or searching?
I am no expert... but I imagine they have algorithms that put the "tagged" terms higher in the search food chain and use it for their trending algorithm. Either that or they parse out the tagged terms and enter those into seperate DB tables for faster searching. Either way #itdoesntbothermetoseetaggedwordslikethat. just the world we live in today :)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I think people nowadays use it more for comedic value or to emphasize a point. Example:

"I just saw Swanky trying to stick his weiner in his car's tailpipe! #youredoingitwrong"

Or something to that effect.

·
aka, "Senior Mierda"
5,798 Posts
it provides trending data and I think you can search based on that hashtag, but it's abused and #retarded

·
Forum Moderator / Ball Buster
4,842 Posts
I also hate people that use @ in front of someone's name to reply to something. That's done in facebook all the time.

gay too.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also hate people that use @ in front of someone's name to reply to something. That's done in facebook all the time.

gay too.
That I'm actually OK with so long as it's not overused, *AND* you're replying to 4 or 5 people in one punch.

·
Badministrator
42,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fuck, Quads, are you on Twitter now? I'm still getting over my aversion to FB!
No. My Brother uses them in his FB, and I see people use them in email. And it fucking irritates the shit out of me.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts