Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Been awhile! Looking to get some insight on getting a conceal carry gun. Possibly looking at the M&P Shield from everything i've heard but i'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on gun or even holster to conceal that bad boy.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I either carry a Glock 27 in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster, or a Ruger LCR .357 in a DeSantis pocket holster. Just purchased a Shield for my wife as a Christmas gift. It shoots well, and completely disappeared into my pants pocket. Much easier to conceal than my Glock, though the new 43 would be similar. I'm a Glock fan, but couldn't justify the 43, with one less round capacity, for an extra $180 over the Shield ($499 vs. $319).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats why I've been looking at the Shield. My buddy has a glock and it shoots clean but its such a high price point and most people dont like the sights (not that i care about that as much). Thanks for the models on the holsters! I'll check them out.

·
Thread Killer
22,060 Posts
Shields are nice. So are Gocks, Springers, Kahrs.

For my .45 I have 4 holsters, 5 for the snub. Once you get something it's a system, so get what you really like. I'd go to a range that rents several and check them out rather than buy from reviews. Shoot 50 rounds through 3-4 guns, then get a gun.

After you get a gun, research holsters, you'll find plenty.

·
Team BCM
14,685 Posts
Go to a range that rents. Shoot them all. Buy the one you shoot/like best.
imho carry guns aren't when you buy based on price point.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm limited to what i can try before i buy because we dont have any ranges in Western NY that allow you to shoot handguns before you buy them. I've been looking to try to do that. The closest place for me is PA and that's a day trip for me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Although as i typed that i may have found a place nearby that does rentals. Thats probably my best bet huh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts