Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks back I was on the site and had just started playing craps. I got inspired to build my own station to enjoy at home. Here are some photos as it progressed.

I ordered some basics from Amazon to get started and the it on a fold up table.

That was fun for a night. So I said how hard can it be to build an entire table. Well, it took a little more work (and money lol)than I anticipated.

So I went to home depot and bought a bunch of wood. Not knowing what I actually needed... ply wood, 2x12s, etc. Got home and started toying around.

I saw another thread where the tables corners weren't rounded and decided to borrow that.
The basic frame wasnt too bad top get started on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Once I had the base I wanted to get the round look on the ends.

Of course we had to get it playable every few days to test it out.

Once I got this far I decided to not short it and I should actually make chip trays and padded rails. Of course I had no idea how though lol.

Borrowed a router, got a box core bit and went to town.

I started cutting the chip trays and experimenting with how to lay them out.

Went to a fabric store and bought foam and vinyl.. I had no idea how expensive they both were lol. I learned a few lessons, don't piece the foam together. Get a big piece so you don't have seams! I'm happy with the way it came out for my first ever attempt. And not many wives would have helped with this but a big thanks goes out to mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here it is all layed out.

Now to tear it down and stay staining it!

Coming along nicely now. I can almost see it finished!

This is where I'm at right now. It's all laid out and ready to be finished.

I'm thinking about buying a new felt, if anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

any ideas to enhance table please suggest them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Very nice! Looks very familiar. I think you borrowed some ideas from my build. I like that layout.
I noticed you didn't route out the corners. Those are a pain to do.

Great job.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice! Looks very familiar. I think you borrowed some ideas from my build. I like that layout.
I noticed you didn't route out the corners. Those are a pain to do.

Great job.
I most certainly did! Didn't know exactly who's it was until I just searched your name and found that post about losing your house to the fire. I hope everything worked out for you. I did admit in my post that it was borrowed. Your post was extremely helpful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts