Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Benn playin online (FTP) for about a month now and I have won a couple $5 & $10 S&G's but tonight I entered a cheap $5 MTT with 255 people and placed 4th for $125 win.

Took about 3 hours so the hourly rate was fair but the experience in going through that many was great because it did not feel like a crap shoot. People were actually playing like it meant something. At one point in the 5th level when the blinds were 50/100 I was beat on the river with a 3 outer and was down to 800 chips with average stack at about 4,000. Battled back from that with very patient play which was a good lesson for me. Had a chance at the end to take the chip lead before going out when my AQ lost to K10 on the river.

Good experience and let me see where alot of my game was lacking and where I could make improvements (for online play).

For now trying to build the online bankroll up to enter some bigger S&G's.[/img]

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Good work BK! Those multi table tournies can be a lot of work - glad you were able to pull some coin out of it. It's always good when you can win money AND learn some lessons for future sessions. Sounds like you had a great session.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good job BK. I've finally started having some decent luck online. I jumped out of the $25 buy NL to $50 buy NL and found the game a lot more beatable. You are rewarded with bigger pots when your hand holds up so the game is a lot more profitable.

Last night I played a $20 + 2 2 table SNG and took first for $160. My nearly bled online account is now 7 times larger in the last 4 days. Still not rich, but plenty to have fun with.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dodger said:
Good job BK. I've finally started having some decent luck online. I jumped out of the $25 buy NL to $50 buy NL and found the game a lot more beatable. You are rewarded with bigger pots when your hand holds up so the game is a lot more profitable.

Last night I played a $20 + 2 2 table SNG and took first for $160. My nearly bled online account is now 7 times larger in the last 4 days. Still not rich, but plenty to have fun with.
Back in my high roller days, (when I was making $90 extra/day overseas) I was really into the $5-$10NL game on Full Tilt. The play in that room is incredible. Very skilled players, which I believe is a good thing in online poker. It's very easy to play your reputation at that table because there's only 50 or so people that play at that level. I was also doing $100 heads up tourneys and $50 S&G's. I miss those days, but I just don't have the bankroll for those stakes anymore.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good job Dodge. I feel like moving up in stakes is a good idea as well because I find that I have not been playing my best game when the stakes are lower which is why I was satisfied in the tourney last night where the stakes weren't high but I learned a great lesson for myself of how to play regardless of the stakes in terms of giving up certain hands and really playing position well.

I would also like to concentrate on some $20 S&G's as well as the .50/1 NL tables.

If anyone else is playing primarily at FTP or Pokerstars let me know your screename. Mine is "Flopped Nut" on both sites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts