Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Thread Killer
22,057 Posts
having gone from IE to FF, I never looked at anything else. Why Chrome? What's wrong with FF. What's wrong with IE, for that matter. Although I've used FF for years, I find they all do the same things, you just gotta practice with one.

Why would I want to consider Chrome??

·
Super Moderator
8,425 Posts
FF has been getting slower and slower. I've run them side by side on my home box for several months now, and the difference is hugely noticeable. But i have other issues. Suddenly, flash videos in Chrome no longer have any sound, but work fine in FF. OTOH, had issues with FF and flash as well - one version of flash would completely lock up FF, had to "downgrade" flash in order to get the browser to work at all.

At this point, I don't know which actually works right. I don't need/want 15,000 plug ins. I want a browser that works, blocks ads/popups/malware, and that's about it. FF used to be that. But more and more bloat keeps coming. Browsers are starting to turn into Real Player...

·
Badministrator
42,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Chrome is simply faster, smoother, and cleaner. While it's highly customizable, it's also more stable than FF. (IMO)
FF used to crash on me nearly daily. Chrome crashes on my maybe once a month. And when it does, I can kill the one tab that's crashed, rather than killing the entire program like you'd have to do in FF. It's integration with google services (mail, docs, drive, etc.) is also very clean and smooth. I used to stand and shout on the FF soapbox and now couldn't be happier with chrome, even with the egg on my face.

·
Registered
29,123 Posts
I use Chrome with google products that require signin (Gmail, voice, G+, etc.). I use FF for everything else.

I just don't like signing in the a google product and letting Google record everything I do and search for. I use Google search without signing in so the data is not associated with me.

At least that's how it works in my head.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts