Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Badministrator
42,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you donkeys that upgrade.....
Get the Full URL Back in Firefox 7

Firefox: The newest update to Firefox just launched today with a slew of new features, but one of those happens to include a shortened URL bar. Thankfully, reader David has a simple solution.

1. In Firefox's URL bar, type in: about:config and agree to the pop-up message.
2. Search for: browser.urlbar.trimURLs.
3. Double-click or right-click and select "toggle" to change the value to false.

Now you'll get the full HTTPS or HTTP in the URL so you won't be confused on whether you're viewing a secure site.

Get the Full URL Back in Firefox 7

·
Badministrator
42,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whatever happened to the good ol' days when the major version number signified something big? Now it's like they're all security fixes as far as I'm concerned.
Exactly. Shouldn't these be dot releases?

yeah, I just got the new firefox?
oh yeah? what version are you running?
fuck. I'm still on 8.

·
Badministrator
42,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Chrome is simply faster, smoother, and cleaner. While it's highly customizable, it's also more stable than FF. (IMO)
FF used to crash on me nearly daily. Chrome crashes on my maybe once a month. And when it does, I can kill the one tab that's crashed, rather than killing the entire program like you'd have to do in FF. It's integration with google services (mail, docs, drive, etc.) is also very clean and smooth. I used to stand and shout on the FF soapbox and now couldn't be happier with chrome, even with the egg on my face.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts