The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this table from someone in my neighborhood. Paid $75 for it. Trying to figure out what the manufacturer/model is, the guy I bought it from does not remember.

It is a 3 in 1 wooden table with a flat table top on one side, a poker table on the other side, and bumper pool on the inside of the table. It didn't come with cues or balls but I don't really care about that as I don't know what bumper pool is and don't really care to play it at all. Just wanted the table to use as a drinking/poker table in the mancave.

Does anyone recognize the design or craftsmanship of it? And can anyone tell me if $75 was a good deal for it?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,415 Posts
The pedestal itself is probably worth at least that much. I can't tell you anything about the table, but if the pedestal is solid, not particle board with veneer, it's worth the $75 at least.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pedestal itself is probably worth at least that much. I can't tell you anything about the table, but if the pedestal is solid, not particle board with veneer, it's worth the $75 at least.
The pedestal appears to be solid wood. I will have to flip it to verify when I get home. But it is very solid and heavy. So I do not think it is made of particle board. I do know that the flip top, that has the table top on one side and the poker table on the other side, does have a veneer. But again, for its size, this piece is very heavy.

Is there any way to refinish tables that have a veneer on them, if the veneer is damage?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
That's a similar style to a table made by a company named Kestell, but I don't think they made them with that level of detail into the cupholders and chip trays, or dual use bumper pools.

Shadow is correct in that the base was worth the $75 alone.

If you like it, great. If you're not hot on the top, you can take that base, and build a nice new round top for it with a padded rail for it. Cost will be really dependent on how far you want to take it. Look around the site for ideas. I did basically the same thing with a table I bought on craigslist just for the pedestal. That thread is in the table subforum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts