Man Cave Forums - Discussing The Perfect Man Cave banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned.
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone here is into PC games or not, but if you are, I run a LAN party that you may be interested in. It's nothin big - just 30 or 40 ppl that get together, bring their PC equipment, and play for 12-14 hours. Pretty much anything goes. LOTS of shit talkin, beer drinkin, and fun. We run 100% gigabit over copper network, and provide everything except the PC's. A pretty good group of people from all walks of life. And there is nothing like killin someone, and screaming @ the top of your lungs to rub it in a little :)

If anyone is interested, I can post more info.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
What type of games do you guys play?

I could be interested in somehting like this (even though I'd probably suck at all the games) but I'm very, very good at dringking beer - hoping to turn pro soon....

(Oh goody another hobby that promises to suck money out of my poker fund.... :wink: )

·
Registered
57 Posts
I second Hagar's query...

In the past I have been involved in LAN groups for various versions of Falcon (flight sim), Rainbow 6 and the spinoffs, and a little bit of Nascar Racing.

Became an expert and breakdown and setup of my equipment. Of course I'd suspect if would BYOC.... :D (chair and computer)....

What formats does the group play? Free for all fragfest :cry: or co-op vs. computer or team on team?

What kind of comms do you use for inter-team comms?

·
Banned.
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow! some interest!

Ok, the site is http://www.fusionlangaming.com - I started it with a buddy of mine about 2 years ago, and due to the demise of another local LAN party, ours has really taken off. There is a front page w/ some news n junk on it, but the busy part of the site is the forums. Note: if you register on the front page, you have to also register on the forums if you want to participate, as the 2 logins are not linked.

As far as games are concerned, it's kinda whatever is the flavor of the day. The last one we held, we played Rogue Spear, Tribes 2 (I think?), UT2k4 is usually played, some of the guys were playing CounterStrike Source. There are a few people there who bring new games to try. More often than not, they flop, but its' always a good time! Sucking at the games is 1/2 the fun. I'm a HUGE underdog when we play - so when I can kill the game leader even once, I talk MAD shit. It's not so much about going to dominate people, as it is going to play some games, meet new people, and have a good time.

As far as comms are concerned, the best (and pretty much only) comm that is used is the old L&V (lungs and voicebox). I dont' think I've ever been to a LAN that was too loud.

The parties usually start about 10am and go till about midnight. If people are hell bent on playing, then it can go later. We rent the Lions Lodge in Roseville for the day. The entry fee is $10 to cover the cost of the lodge, and a snack to share w/ everyone. There is a table set up with all the junk food on it - chips, cookies, soda, whatever. Sometimes we also run a canned food drive, or during the holidays, we run a toy drive for the kids. As hosts, we have always provided either BBQ'd hotdogs and burgers, or we bring in pizza. That is included in the $10 entry fee.

·
Banned.
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 note - if you do hit the fourms, you will notice that we are pretty non-politically correct. Have to have thick skin when participating in threads there - nothing is taken personally, as 99% of the time it's all in good fun. But just thought I'd lay that out there in case the place resembles a zoo :)

Oh and the one big rule that applies - no talking about warez on the board. That just invites problems. LOL

G

·
I've been out of it for about a year now but I was a heavy online Quake and UT gamer. Plus about 4 years ago we had a little group that moved around to each others places and hooked up.
We, at one point had a Quake server in our IT dept. at IPS (old Healthnet pharmacy arm). What a blast that was, everyone on speaker phone and teams.

I'm willing to dig out the old game box...toss it and get me a new one. I just needed a reason and here it is.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Modfather said:
As far as comms are concerned, the best (and pretty much only) comm that is used is the old L&V (lungs and voicebox). I dont' think I've ever been to a LAN that was too loud.
Loudness wasn't ever an issue. But for team on team events it's takes something out of the fun if you can hear them and they can hear you. Also in flight sims where you are counting on your wingman to CYA it's nice to have a dedicated channel for so while in the midst of a furball you don't hear "break right!" here and "break hard left" there and someone else yelling "get this bandit off my six" and not know who the heck is talking to who. We finally went to CB's with Push to talk buttons mounted in our controls.

We did abandon the headphones if we ever went into Rainbow/Rogue and it was humans vs. the computer.

Will check out your site....

I remember arriving at 5pm Friday and packing up 6pm Sunday. Pretty raunchy by then too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts